Thread: lymph node still up!!

lymph node still up!!

I have posted here a few times about a swollen lymph node behind my left ear that i have had for a few months and i went to the doctors and he gave me anti biotics and said if it doesnt go down to go back. I have finished my tablets and it hasnt gone down. Do you think if it was serious it would have grown and also i have had my bloods done and they were ok do you think they would be raised etc.I am getting funny pains below my ear like when you eat something sour and it pains under your ear.
    Should i be worried and go back to the doctors or am i just feeding my anxiety?

Re: lymph node still up!!

Where exactly is it? How big? And what does it feel like?
    I have a swelling under my left ear kind of behind my jaw. Its been there for a several years, is very hard and doesn't move. The doc poked and prodded it for what seemed like ages only to confess she didn't know what it was and said if it was anything sinister it would have been apparent by now!

Its right behind my left ear behind the lobe area.Its not massive but it is bigger than it should be, its more noticable if i turn my head to the right. If i put my fingers either side of it and press down it moves from side to side.

no one else? Should i go to the doctors? I know if i go he will send me to get it looked at.

Hi Zippy

I have a hard lymph node towards the bottom of my neck and it's been there since february - my Dr has assured me that if it was something to worry about it would show in my blood and would also be growing.

I am trying not to touch it for a month and will then check the size but I'm pretty sure it's not growing so trying to be rational about it and have to trust my Dr.

xx

Claire 80 did you just have full blood count done etc?

Hi - I had a full blood count and also a test for any imflammation markers, both came back normal and my Dr was totally unconcerned - the blood tests wouldn't diagnose anything but if something was up they would definately indicate that further tests might need to be done x

Hi zippy

It might be worth going back to your GP as he said to go back if the antibiotics didn't make any difference. There are all sorts of non-serious things that it could be, like a blocked salivary gland, and I'm sure you'll be able to get your mind put at rest.

I am going back to the doctors on friday about it. I had my bloods done last month claire 80 and mine were ok, fbc, inflammation,thyroid etc.

Thread Information