Thread: social anxiety,will i die like this or will i get the life that i crave for

Unhappy social anxiety,will i die like this or will i get the life that i crave for

hi everyone i'm new here...i suffer from social anxiety. i am thirty two years old and i have been through lots of tough things in my life but i still would have to say that this is still the hardest,n toughest ever......i'm still trying n very hopeful though.....hoping to meet some great friends and supporters here,god knows i need some!

Re: social anxiety,will i die like this or will i get the life that i crave for

Might sound silly but it's really up to you where you go from here.

Nobody can do it for you and meds wont do it all for you either. They definitely help. Having someone who can help you get started and taking meds will make things easier, but it's down to the individual.

Good diet, exercise, generally looking after yourself and your environment is a good start. Gradually trying to break boundaries and get over your fears isn't easy. But it's worth it.

You'll find support and advice here whenever you need it, too.

You can definitely do it! Best of luck!

Red face Re: social anxiety,will i die like this or will i get the life that i crave for

thanks.....

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP Paige x

sometimes we all need help ,, people to talk to,it helps so much .this site saved me big style so keep posting we will listen and try to help x

By seeking and trying to help your problem then youre on the right path to beating it. Sitting at home and not bothering to try is a sure fire way to never get better. So youre on the right track!
    I dont suffer with social anxiety,but I do have a lot of problems going out.
    My advice would be to set yourself lots of small challenges and do them daily, no matter how bad your anxiety is.
    As an example you could decide that each day you will go to the local shops and buy a newspaper. You need to keep doing this daily until it feels a lot easier and then set yourself another goal. Eventually youll be out and about doing all sorts of fun things. It will just take work, determination and courage. BUT youve got all that inside you already, we all do!
    Good luck

thanks very much guys.....

Thread Information