Thread: Ladies please -- nipple discharge?!

Ladies please -- nipple discharge?!

My biggest HA is breast cancer!! Like I've mentioned in the past, I'm 36, but have never had a mammogram as I was told to wait until I turned 40. Plus, I'm terrified of getting one afraid of what they'll find!! I have large, fibrocystic breasts as well. I had my yearly physical back in January and the doctor said everything was fine, so that temporarily put my mind at ease. I do frequent breast exams and have never felt anything either.

I breast fed my son after he was born for a few months ago, but he is 8 now. I can still at times squeeze the nipples and have white stuff come out, but not much. Sometimes I feel if I'm not wearing a bra like I'm leaking or something, but I can never find any evidence or anything. I just had that sensation a few minutes ago on my left breast and squeezed the nipple and had a drop of whitish creamy color liquid come out. I've tried to do it again and nothing, but of course now I'm freaking out!! Does anyone have any explanation for this? I have heard of anxiety meds causing nipple discharge and even googled Buspar and nipple discharge and found something saying this, but what if it's not related? Any words of advice, please?!

Re: Ladies please -- nipple discharge?!

sounds like hormone inbalance but might be best to see gp .. just to put your mind at ease ..lots of women have this some breast some i have herd feed there children till aged 8 ,, so we must be able to produce ,,

Some medicines will make you lactate.
    If its only a small amount of stuff that comes out and its more solid than runny thats probably just a mixture of sweat and skin cells forming a goo. A bit like when a man doesnt wash his down below regions! It doesnt mean youre dirty, youve just got a little pocket of skin thats holding onto stuff. My ex used to get the same in his pierced ears. he hadnt worn an earring for many years so it had closed up, yet when you squeezed it a little white goo would come out.
    However I would still go to see your doctor and explain whats been happening. Its better to be safe than sorry.

I actually asked my GP about this just the other day... is it on one side or both? Either way, if you're concerned check with your Doctor. It'll put your mind at ease and you'll at least be able to find out what might be going on.

not the same but when my dog was having pups - we were told to squeeze one of her nipples to see if the milk had come down and a tiny bit of white goo came out but nothing more - we then read it is the sucking action of the pups that brings the milk down - it won;t come out before and so i think what you are describing is what most of us would experience if we decided to have a squeeze!

i wonder why you are squeezing your nipples periodically? i think this is likely causing the irritation/discharge? i would leave well alone if your annual exam is fine.

Hi Mom,

I breast fed my 2 boys, now 20 & 18 and my breasts never really dried up. I too could always squeeze some kind of colostrum out if I ever tried. I showed an Endocrinologist once - they asked to see - and she tested the prolactin hormone levels which came back normal. She then just shrugged her shoulders. So really there is nothing to worry about. Interestingly after my last child i also developed a thyroid condition & I thought they might be linked, but maybe not.

Relax

Bubble

Hi

I went to my dr about 6 weeks ago as i had a little bit of clear liquid coming out. i was reallypanicked about it but made it worse because i was constantly squeezin to see what came out. the doctor did a breast exam and said everything was fine.

she said it could be hormonal or even just irritation. she said if we all squeezed our nipples we would probably get something out.

Go to your dr to put your mind at rest, it could just be hormonal

mandie x

I get this too, i've had it since I was 17 (i'm now 26), it seems to have gone from my right breast, but i still get it in my left if i squeeze it (just to see if it happens).
    It was nothing serious, infact it was so long ago i cant even remember what the doctor said), but it's fine, nothing to worry about at all.

Thanks for your replies. I don't normally squeeze them. My nipple just had kind of a wet sensation, so I squeezed it to see if something was causing that feeling, which I guess I was correct. From the replies I have received, this seems fairly normal, and I've had nothing since this morning, so I'm not overly concerned at this point.

Thread Information