Thread: Afraid to be in the big city

Afraid to be in the big city

I live in a small town, am sick they think am not absorbing nutrients correctly. I have seen all the local doctors, and they refer me to the big city doctors that specialize in gastrointestinal stuff.

The thing is if I drive up to the big city, am going to freak out. All the cars everywhere behind you, beside you, the traffic is hell and the people everywhere you turn, and then am afraid of getting lost and never be able to get back home.

I want to know whats wrong with me, but I can't bring myself to go to the big city. And the doctors won't come to me. Any suggestions?

Re: Afraid to be in the big city

Hey Hun, do you think you could go if someone else went with you and drove?

If you don't like being in a car, maybe public transportation would be better?

Passively riding in a train car is less of an interaction than interacting with other cars.

If it's possible, maybe you could schedule the appointment early on a week day when all the kids are in school, and there are fewer people out on the streets getting to work and socializing.

And maybe you could get a friend or family member to go along with you, like verity suggested.

I have trouble sometimes driving in heavy traffic myself. I want all the lights to be green so I don't have to stop. Just keep it moving, that's all I'm asking. I find certain things help like bring soothing music to listen to or even a book on tape. Ginger ale in a bottle, peppermints and/or lavender oil works as well. You'll find a way which works for you if you keep trying.

Thread Information