Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wish list

The wish list

Hi all,

I have recently started a wish list of things I have always dreamed of doing. This was in honour of my dad who recently passed away.

He was a positive, confident, caring man who I admired very much. He spent his life counselling others and was always there with words of wisdom. He believed in making the most of life and I always wished I was more like him.

Well I am determined to start to change my anxious outlook on life and want everyone to help make a list of things that everyone should aim to do in their lifetime.

And if you have already done some of things tell us how fab it felt to do something great.

I'll start with:-

Swimming with sharks
    Skydiving
    Bungee jumping

Re: The wish list

guess it's just me then!

My wish list wasn't quite as daring as swimming with sharks...but I always wanted to pass my driving test but the possibility of doing this was zero. Then three years ago we moved to somewhere really remote so I HAD to pass my test........ and I DID IT!!

Swam with Dolphins

Bought a Horse and learned to ride (Managed a short Gallop)

Paragliding over the sea from a speedboat

Jumped from a boat into sea off Ibiza

Did these in the last 12 yrs need some new challenges to help me overcome Agrophobia
    Walk on the beach
    Go shopping alone (AND ENJOY IT )
    Go away for a weekend with my daughters to Londen and go to a show

Thats enough for now Maggie take care xxxxxxx

Monkee,

Brilliant list - go for it!!!!

My main dream for me right now is to enjoy how rich life is, feel the good parts of it, I want to travel the world and see nature at it's best. To do that, I'd have to overcome a heck load of anxiety issues, but you're right - it is good to have a aim! And I'm gunna reach for the moon - if I miss I'll still be among the stars.

Chrissy xxx

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

rambler - fantastic. learning to drive is a big achievement. Well done you. Whats next on the list?

Margaret - If you have done some amazing things already it isn't going to be long before you take a chance and walk on the beach, go shopping, or go to a show. Focus on when you want to do these things now IF you will because you WILL do them.

Chrissy - Like I said to Margaret the focus of our aims should be when we are going to do them. Even if it takes a lifetime to achieve something we have still been brave and done it. I like the positive attitude.

My wish is to eat at my brothers wedding this November in a room full of people, with other people preparing my food. At home it is normal for me to batten down the hatches, ie lock the door and close the windows, do a bug check, etc etc wash food like 100 times to make sure it isnt contaminated and I have been doing this for pretty much most of my life.

So 2 weeks ago I asked my partner to cook a barbecue outside with flys etc buzzing over the food and I ate a burger and sausage, well I took them inside to eat, but I did it and I didnt feel the need to make myself sick. So that was an achievement for me!!!!

Hey Snippy. Well done and what an achievement. Small steps all add up to a big success!

When I read Margaret's wish list it just makes me sad, to go from swimming with dolphins to wishing she can just walk along a beach really brings home what this awful mental illness can do to us. This is not meant in a disrespectful way, just a sad way at what it can do to us. But we must think positively and go on wishing.

Anna xxx

Everyone has to report back once they've done it!

Walk into a cafe and sit and drink a coffee on my own.
    Visit my local spiritualist church, just to see.
    Make some friends, somehow.
    Just not care about how other people see me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information