Thread: Blood Tests

Blood Tests

Could one have something nasty like cancer and still have a negative Full Blood Count & CRP or would one of the bloods be out or raised?

I know that these tests do not daignose or confirm an ailment.

Re: Blood Tests

I asked doc about such things when I had FBC , kidney,liver, thyroid, sugar and cholesterol done couple months ago.. All my results were good but after I questioned him he said there were no indications of anything going on nasty..Im pretty sure from posts ive seen on here before that bloods would show an indication if something needed further investigation and even then it may be something easily treated.

Thanks Zee

Bloods can tell a lot about the health of a person, although it can't diagnose anything specific, it CAN give indications if something isn't quite right with the body. If you've had these tests and they have come back fine then don't worry, you're 100% OK.

My ESR and CRP levels were raised a year ago but as I didn't feel any worse than usual my Dr wasn't bothered about it even though I was worried. All she did was give me a chest x-ray which was clear so said I couldn't have anything serious

Thanks Ella Jayne. I had a FBC, CRP and ESR and the Dr said that it indicated something going on in my body, so I assumed the CRP was raised as she asked me to have another CRP and FBC, not bothering with the ESR. I had these done and have been told all are now clear. I was not sure whether or not if I had a serious illness that the CRP and FBC would fluctuate from normal to high.

Blood tests are a very useful diagnostic tool. Blood is made up of several different kinds of cells and other compounds, including various salts and certain proteins.

Thread Information