Thread: Anyone on 80mg slow release propranolol?

Question Anyone on 80mg slow release propranolol?

Hi all, just wonded if any of you are taking 80mg slow release propranolol? And what was it prescribed for? I got prescribed it for trembling whilst eating (weird i know) but i have been okay for awhile now, its on repeat perscription, i just wonded what it be okay to just stop, because i dont want to take if i dont need them. Thanks DD

Re: Anyone on 80mg slow release propranolol?

i wouldn't just stop as ,your symptoms could return ,, day release is a good way of taking propranolol ,, i took them for1 year ,,i now take 10mg when needed

Hi gypsywomen, i guess propanolol is used for Anxiety right? So you just use 10mg when and were needed now? I will have a chat with my doctor on my next check up and see if i need to keep taking them. Thanks DD

Hi,
    i was perscribed propanolol 40 mg for polpatations (missed heart beats) a year ago ive been too scared to take them...off on hols abroad in a couple of weeks..worried and nervous about being away from home and dont like flying..polps back!!!! phoned doc, he said you can take them just before you go to calm yourself down ..1 a day...if you take them for over a week you should come off them slowly...ps doc than said...but spain is only 3 hours on a plane...thats just the sort of thing someone would say who has never suffered a panic attack..lol..Its like telling someone who has a phobia of spiders to "just pick one up for a second ,its ok"

Quote Originally Posted by Desprate Dan View Post
    Hi all, just wonded if any of you are taking 80mg slow release propranolol? And what was it prescribed for? I got prescribed it for trembling whilst eating (weird i know) but i have been okay for awhile now, its on repeat perscription, i just wonded what it be okay to just stop, because i dont want to take if i dont need them. Thanks DD
    Yep, i'm on 80mg of slow release propranolol. Prescribed for racing heartbeat due to constant anxiety and panic attacks. I was also trembling due to the adrenalin thumping through my body most of the day. It has helped enormously with the physical symptoms of this so keep at it. It's not safe to just stop taking these, the doc will wean you off when you're ready.

Hi I was prescribed propranalol for anxiety,80mg.Not a good idea just to stop,you need to come off them slowly.

Im on 80mg slow release for migraine prevention and doctor said it would also help with the anxiety, but i wouldn't just stop them as you could get withdrawal symtoms if you do that x

I'd imagine your tremor will probably return if you choose to stop the Propranolol.
    You shouldn't stop this medicine abruptly, but wean yourself off it, over time, with the help of your doctor.
    Taken according to medical instruction, the drug is not noted to have any serious side effects, but again, each person's body reacts in its own way towards medication.
    I'm happy to remain on it long term, as I find it does help with the unpleasant physiological symptoms of being hyper-adrenalinised.
    Talk to your doctor and make a plan.

Thread Information