Thread: IBS symptoms constant battle everyday

IBS symptoms constant battle everyday

For people that suffer with IBS or belly aches do you suffer with this every day? Lately my belly hurts every day, One day i have runs the next day I feel constipated my belly always feels like I have trapped wind not even rennies seem to be helping lately! feels like my belly has got worse since ive been pregnant Its really scaring me xx

Re: IBS symptoms constant battle everyday

I have had phases in the past where it can last every day for a month or so. It gets worse with stress and anxiety, I've had days alternating between many bowel movements, very loose, then constipated a day later. Pregnancy can also affect it badly. The trapped wind is also very common. I have trapped wind nearly every day.
    I find mint tea does help, there are also a few yoga exercises to help that.

I'm exactly the same! Mixed bowel movements. I usually get it after upset or panic attacks! When I really can't handle the pain I take buscopan which u can get over the counter. Also peppermint tea is supposed to really help. I am also always very windy and can get horrible trapped wind sometimes that really hurts :(
    hope you find relief and feel better soon! X

hiya, glad i fund this!! ive had a tummy ache for over a week, feels like trapped wind,or constipation, the nxt day ill have the runs, its driving me mad coz of my health anx, im also withdrawing from zispin, was on 45mg now down to 7.5 mg so dont know if thais is part of the cause xx

Hi I am new here but I saw a Depression and anxiety therapist today and she told me about this site. I suffer from IBS. I have IBS-D every day with pain and sickness, I dont eat because the IBS triggered extreme anxiety and now the anxiety can trigger the IBS. I have started to not go out or do anything because I am so scared all the time. I am hoping to meet similar people through this site as sometimes I feel like I am such a freak and completly alone. x

hi i feel exactly the same and have got myself in a right state. I have pains every morning as soon as I wake up and then need to go to the toilet and I have very loose stools, this sometimes happens in the evenings to and makes me very scared, this has been going on for a year now - not pleasant !

Leeann,
    I couldnt relate to this more, and i hope what i say helps you a bit, this all started for me last year when i had this constantly for like 3 months, comes and goes, i had blood tests, urine tests, abdominal scans, even a private smear test as i was convinced it was cancer, well im back down the ibs road again after about 2 months of being ibs free, i have had awful tummy ache and indegestion, and this time i have even been sick with it... had a panic worrying it was cancer again... just for a change ha !! im taking mebrevine and also some anti sickness tablets as i was waking up every morning and feeling/being sick, have hardly eaten anything, today is the first time that i have actually eaten a proper meal,
    how long have you had this pain for, this has been a whole week with this so far and today i feel a bit better. let me know leeanne, as i have been scared out of my witts again that i have cancer somewhere in there and no one knows and im going to die :-( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have this, have IBS symptoms everyday for over a year now. The best thing I find for wind is charcoal capsules, I take 2 after each meal and within a couple of days the wind pains are so much better. Just keep taking them and it should keep the wind pains at bay.

Also keep a food diary and see if anything triggers your symptoms. Mine are worse when I have dairy, I feel terrible if I have a bowl of cereal or a latte

yep I have sufferd from IBS since I was a little child and then it vanished for many years. For the past year I have had terrible pains in my stomach and diarreah every day, am trying yet another tablet for IBS we will see if it works. I do find chamomile tea helps to sooth the pain a little though xx

Hiya

Seen this thread and just thought I'd reply. I've suffered from IBS since I was about 15...I'm 32 now. It's something I've learned to live with but can really make you feel crap! I get diarreah (sorry spelt that wrong!), constant bloatedness like I'm pregnant (I'm not!), and lots of wind. I do drink peppermint tea and have now changed over to lacto free milk and am trying to cut down on wheat but I've not seen a significant change yet. It's the bloatedness that really gets me...anyone got any magic remedies to rid it!

Cheers

Jo. x

Thread Information