Thread: Advice needed

Question Advice needed

Hi peeps Been on ssri's for about 7 years now. Was on citalopram til about 3 years ago then i was put on sertraline (which just made me worse) Stopped taking the sertraline (50mg) and havent had any for a week. I now feel fookin awful. Any advice on how to feel better? Is there anything i could get from the Dr to take the edge off?

Thank you

Xx

Re: Advice needed

im not sure..... someone here will no..... keep your chin up.... try excercise for a bit xxxx

Hi, did you just go cold turkey with the sertraline? I think you're supposed to stop taking them gradually eg. take half a tablet a day for a week, then half a tablet every other day for next week until you gradually wean yourself off them. It might be best to see your doctor to get proper advice on this as you're supposed to let them know when you want to stop taking meds or change your dose. Apologies if you have already done this. It can be hard coming off meds, I've had to come off a few before and it wasn't easy, especially when you have got to go to work etc. Good luck

Thank you I have reduced them gradually over the past month. Startin to feel loads better now tho Medication free for the first time in 7 years. It feels amazin.Xx

Thread Information