Thread: lymph node still up!!

lymph node still up!!

Hi i have posted a few times about a lymph node behind my ear being raised. The doctor gave me some antibiotics for a week and said come back if it doesnt go so i went back last week and he said it was still there but it wasnt as big.He said i probably have had an infection and its reacting to that. I on the other hand dont think or feel i have had any infection and it didnt feel any smaller to me. He said he wasnt worried about it but if it doesnt go in 3-4 weeks to go back. If hes not worried why have i to go back? I have felt it this morning and it feels bigger to me.Do i wait the 3-4 weeks like he said or go back now? I have been feeling ok so if it was something serious would i feel worse than i do? It has been raised for 3 months and also my fbc was ok.
    Any advice? x

Re: lymph node still up!!

No advice anyone? x

Hi, mine have been enlarged for months now.... never seem to go down regardless of antibiotics or steroids. Just had my tonsils out after months of suffering so hopefully they may go down now.... still there as of yet though!
    I wouldnt worry too much, its just a sign that your body is fighting a virus or bacteria (nothing serious, just your body doing its bit)... if it doesnt improve in a few weeks go back to gp and see what they say xxx

Thanks jill07 i had my tonsils out a few years ago because of frequent tonsillitis and throat infections. I have a lymph node on the side of my neck thats been raised for years but i have never noticed this one behind my ear before.I often wonder if having glandular fever in my teens is anything to do with it.

Possibly, I think mono stays in your system for a long long time.
    I have noticed I too have a node on the back of my neck.... dont think they are anything to worry about really.
    Tonsillectomy is a rough op isnt it.... ouch ouch ouch! x

Thread Information