Thread: Anyone else's head tilted to one side?

Anyone else's head tilted to one side?

Hi there,

I've noticed recently that my head is tilted to the right side, all the time.
    Anyone know what this might be? Anyone else feel that their head is slightly off-centre?

Is this normal?

Wondering if this could be a result of the extreme tension in my neck and shoulders? My trapezius muscle in my right side is in a lot of pain all the time and my neck is always in a lot of pain and has restricted movement. I'm starting to feel almost "disabled" by all this.

Gareth

Re: Anyone else's head tilted to one side?

Yes I have had this on and off for about 6 years now.
    I find it very embarrassing as people have noticed and have asked me why I am doing this.
    The tesco delivery driver when he delivered my shopping the other week said oh have you heart your neck I lied and just said yes.

I am not quite sure what it is but I think it is something to do with me feeling dizzy and off balance so much that when it is quite bad I just hang head to the right side.
    It has worried me more as people have noticed it so it can not be in my mind.

Maybe I may ask gp when I next go

Hi,
    I think I do this too - more so when I was younger.. I nremember noticing it in photos and always found it embarrasing! I am getting married next year so feel abit selfconscious about it now again (even though not as bad..)

This might sound stupid, but I think it may have related to my eyesight.. I wouldnt be surprised if tension was a cause to though,

take care
    xx

It might be worth looking up spasmodic torticollis, the symptoms are similar to what you describe.

yes - my head does not sit perfectly straight and i have a lot of tension in my neck/shoulders so presume it is tension related x

Thread Information