Thread: lower stomach dull ache.... health anxiety! Please reply..

lower stomach dull ache.... health anxiety! Please reply..

Hi,

I wrote a post about this lastnight but thought i was write one in here because its still happening and im now in work.... freeking out!!

Iv got this really weird dull ache in the lower left hand side of stomach.. i think where ovaries are?

Im not sure when im due on because i take the cerazette pill where you dont have a break so my periods are irratic.... so i could be due on?!

Has anyone else had/felt anything like this before? Its kinda in my left leg too but that could just be achy because iv been tensing..

Im in work, have a huge vomit phobia and health anxiety and i really dont think i can last the day but i really have too... i cant keep giving in to this but im worried incase i have something really wrong!!

Please reply x

Re: lower stomach dull ache.... health anxiety! Please reply..

hi hun, i get this a lot, ive had tummy pains for weeks, feels like a dull period pain, you could just be ovulating!! that can be painful on one side too!! know what you mean about the pill,im on the mini one so i neva know when im due on either!!!!or you could just have trapped wind that can really hurt too,think thats what mine is!! xxx

Thanks for replying Bexy.
    I think it is just due to period type things... but didnt think we ovulated if we were on the pill! Guess im wrong lol the things our body puts us through hey..!

I dont think its trapped wind because iv had that alot with my ibs and its a different type of pain.... just hope i come on soon so i can put my mind at rest, but i bet if i think about it all the time, itl never happen! lol

Suppose distraction is the key... thanks for your post xx

Hi there

If you're on the progesterone-only pill, then you do still ovulate, as this pill works (IIRC) by making your cervical mucus less hospitable to sperm. Also, if you suffer from IBS, it does get seem to get irritated by your monthly cycle as lots of people say they are worse at that time.

I was going to suggest ovulation pain too before I read the replies. I used to get this a lot on the right hand side (which obviously meant I had an appendicitis every time it happened) when also on cerazette. It went away when I came off it and now I am having periods again after having a baby, it has come back again.

And mine was always on the same side every month as well, which you wouldn't think would happen beings you ovulate from alternate sides. Buy hey ho, that's what it was.

Try keeping a track of it. I find it really useful to keep a track of my cycle. Even if you're not having a period, you can see how often it happens.

Stomch normally my first indicator. I start voi c 20 times to the loo and all the rest.... Normally it's one of the manifeTations of anxiety

Thread Information