Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stomach cramps and feeling sick

stomach cramps and feeling sick

Hi guys
    I posted a possitive thread this morning as i felt better today 4 days on after starting these meds and felt more hungre again so this afternoon had a sandwich and a banana and a yoghut and this evening a jacket potato with chease but soon after the potatto i felt depressed and sick and terible stomach cramps and bad wind and my face feels like i have mild sun burn kind of tingle efects.....it seems for me the mind games from the meds has eased of but now im getting physicle isues and this is feeling depresing for me...
    any sugestions or advice guys i take my meds 10 mg in the morning and iv heard that this can make some people tierd early evening which i think this is doing to me if so why does it make you feel tierd early evening when you take at the begining of the day...thanks

Re: stomach cramps and feeling sick

Hi

Have you thought about just trying foods that are easy to digest for a few days. I know cheese and bananas can be hard to digest.

what sort of foods would work do you think

when i started citalopramn i hadnt eaten properly in weeks so i started with toast and porridge and soup. ps you are doin well to be that hungry - my first week on the tablets i was no use to anyone - terrible headaches, sick and bad anxiety. so stick with it you will get better

Hi

Small light meals may help. I'm on toast and jacket pots. Been like that for 2 months.

thanks for your possitive support AJS

gosh 2 months how long does all this go on for i thaught after a couple of weeks all this sicknes etc would be gone. I only had very very mild anxiety or depresion isues ocasionaly and my doc stuck me on these and said they will take that edge of my stress i sometimes get so i thaught oh well they might help ,,,pick me up that little bit more if he told me about all the side efects you get i would never have bothered as this to me is such a long jurney by the sounds of things and i just want to get back to where i was before taking this med....to f-cking late now...doctors what do they know eh...

Hi greg,

I felt nauseous for a couple of days at the beginning but that was all. I still have a healthy appetite and eat regular small meals and snacks. I've noticed that Cit has taken the edge off my appetite slightly but then again before taking it I was mostly comfort eating.

I think bananas are okay (good in fact) as long as they are pretty ripe. I sometimes slice a banana on top of cereal with skimmed milk. Also porridge. Milky things seem to be okay for me but I've just had a cheese & tomato s/w and felt a bit sick afterwards!

I wouldn't worry though - I felt really good almost straight away, even on 10mg. I'm now on 20mg and feeling better than I have for ages! I've been on it about 6 weeks. I was diagnosed with severe depression and it's really helping me.

Yvonne

thats reasuring to hear thanks...as i say i wasd only very mild and ocasionaly a bit down and my doc put me on this course and so feel a bit pi--- off that you get all the side efects today all my gums are aching and i still am not sleaping through the night i think im waking every hour litriliy so after 5 days im feeling a bit depressed with it all and tierd and im going on holiday in two weeks which took me so much work and planing to do as i have a bit of agraphobia and could manage it , but if i feel like this still moody and short fused and tierd etc i woulfdnt want to go and this would be terible my 2 kids whould be so dissapointed and so would my wife so i feel presure now to get well soon and keep thinking of the holiday and how much stress it would cause and the money we paid for it,,,any advice

I felt sick for two months when I started on Cit ..It does pass eventually .I used to take stem ginger for the sickness ,its pretty bitter but really helps .You can buy bags of it from the health food shops .If your wife can cook ,ask her to make you some cookies or cake with it .The sleepless nights are common I didnt sleep well either .This can cause anxiety itself ,try to have a wind down period before bed and relax .Avoid loud stimuli and computers .You could also try taking your pill in the evening ,this can help .Eating a wholegrain or carbohydrate snack before bed will keep your blood sugar up for longer .This can aid with sleep .You can also try drinking a herbal tea ie .camomile or passiflora .It helps the nervous system relax .When you dont sleep properly the nervous system causes you to be anxious ,and we all know the symtoms this can cause .Its like being trapped in a never ending circle . I honestly think once you have started to sleep better your symptoms will start to go away .Do try not to frett about your holiday .ive done the same in the past and it makes everything worse .Tell yourself you are going to enjoy it ,and the rest and break will do you the power of good .Dont do what I did and not go ..You will regret it .Hope you find some of the suggestions as helpful as I did .You will feel better soon .T/c Sue x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information