Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stomach cramps and feeling sick

Re: stomach cramps and feeling sick

gosh two months of sickness i would never have thaught of all this..
    well im in it now .Can you tell me when all the side efects sleeping stomach craps etc etc have passed is that it,,,do you then start to get the benifets of this medication and no more side efects are you then on the road for celibrating...dont meen to sound neg or ungreatful just never new any of this..... 5 days ago my doc said ( you MAY get some side efects ) while on these meds but they will be very mild and only for a few days maybe not even that long....without them i was fine just slight anxiety if i new i would excperiance all this for this long i would have never gone on them for sure,,,,

thanks suzy ill try and stay possitive but i do feel my doc has let me down by putting me through this when i was actually doing ok in myself....as i say i have agraphbia and bad spelling ,,,but over the last year i have been training myself to do further and further driving distances and prepair myself to stay somewhere i feel insacure....Pool haven holiday i was all up for this and actually excited 2 weeks ago i even when down there on my motorbike to put my self on the spot and i did it this has taken me a year to do , but these side efects have taken that confidence away and i feel nervious like i use to and cnt help but think iwill be letting my fammily down if i cnt do it now and lose all the money we paid for it...if i cnt sleep hear at home in my own bed and keep waking , this would be worse for me in a strange town and wont be able to concerntrate and enjoy it i will end up snapping at my fammily for things they arnt doing puerly out of frustration and unhapiness/....any idears

Hi Greg .most people find they feel a lot better regarding side effects after a week or two weeks Once the tab gets in your system the sickness and stomache cramps settle .I took Baclofen for the tummy probs it stopped the cramps .Not everyone has increased anxiety and all the other symptoms .Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones .After a month my dose was increased so I had the pleasure of the side effects again .This wasnt as bad tho .(A bit more anx and headaches )I did find eating something when I d taken my pills helped a great deal tho .As for the feeling better it does start to kick in after 2weeks ,full benefits are usually anything from around the 4-6week mark .You are feeling the side effects of increased anx at the moment ,this is making you feel you have no confidence .Believe me it will all pass .Everyone reacts differently some people feel ok after 2 weeks and some it takes that bit longer .Drs dont tell you everything because sometimes knowing the worst scenario can make you imagine you have more side effects than you have .10mg is a low dose and will take the edge off and help you conquer your problems .No pill can do it for you .the cure comes from gradual exposure and facing your fears .You will feel so much better in a couple of weeks .I had acute anxiety and was very depressed when I started on them .I no longer have either . sue x

sue just hearing your advice makes my body feel a little lighter...and hopefull...cnt wait till im just getting up in the morning and getting on with life again,instead of getting up thinking about my mind and body feeling throughout the day,,,i know you are right but you know what its like you get desperate for advice and confidence,and you have just give me some of this so thanks i will stay possitive with it and take one day at a time and i will tell myself i am going on holiday no matter what and throw the cat amongst the piguiens ( spellet all Wrong ) lol...thanks darling ill keep in touch,,,,take care

Thats the spirit Greg .. You might try some relaxtion cds helpful .I used to laugh at all that stuff ,but I swear by it all now .Take some time out to relax ,,All these illnesses are down to Bad nerves .Nothing that cant be put right with the right care and time .Let us know how you are doing .. Take care sue x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information