Hi everyone,
I found out a couple of weeks ago that I need a lot of work doing on my teeth. This is because of dental erosion, due to having a choking phobia for the last 18 years, where I have a fear of choking on liquids, and I have to keep the liquid in my mouth for about 5-10 seconds before swallowing. I used to enjoy fruit juice, but because of the extreme dental erosion, I have now started drinking water.
I am literally crying as I type this because I am terrified at the treatment that needs doing on my teeth, and the thought of having needles in my mouth, and the pain during and after the treatment.
I had been going to my dentist since I was about 5 years old, I am now 39, but he has recently gone private. I have a new dentist now, who is nhs, and is very compassionate about my phobia. She is referring me to my local dental hospital for the treatment.
I feel that my old dentist has very badly let me down, because he could have prevented my teeth from eroding so badly, but maybe he didn't want to do too much because of my phobia.
Sorry for the long post, but I really could do with some suppor right now.
Take Care.
Joanne 30.