Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I make this go away?

How do I make this go away?

Hi
    I was woken up suddenly last night to my dogs having a 'set to'!! at 1.50am grrrr. Anyway it took me ages to get back to sleep, my heart was racing and adrenaline flowing. Also to make matters worse I have costochondritis (inflammation of cartilage in the rib / sternum joint) which flared up again on friday. So due to jumping up out of bed it set the chest pain off again (it is only minor - but not a nice feeling). I finally managed to get back to sleep and then my damn mobile phone battery started dying - so everytime I drifted back to sleep the bloomin thing beeped - so I turned it off and finally got some sleep.

Anyway this morning I still fell gittery - I know its probably just the adrenaline etc but how can i make it go away - its horrible - it remind me how how I used to feel about 3 years ago when I had panic attacks.

Deb x

Re: How do I make this go away?

I leave the news 24 on all night. This helps me get back to sleep when I wake up. All the best. Baggs.

Write it off as sods law! Bad things are sent to try us but tomorrow's a new day! Don't look back; keep looking forward.

Bill - can I put you in my pocket and you can provide me with inspiration wherever I am

I wish!....I reckon I'd enjoy that! At least I'd feel I'm doing some good with my life!

lol xx

It's true though Debs because I just don't don't what I'm doing with my life. I care at home, I care for my mother, I play my sport and I have hobbies I enjoy but so much of my time is spent feeling alone with no purpose in life. On the whole my anxiety isn't a roblem but I do get depressed especially without my father or my dog who I could find comfort in. I come here to try to help others but I feel it's nowhere near enough. I keep looking for opportunities to feel alive but I can't find anything. I really might as well spend my life in your pocket because at least then I really would feel I'm doing some good with my life if at least I was helping you. Probably do me alot of good too! I just feel I'm wasting my life away no matter how much I try so it's the old problem I've always had of surviving but not living. Sorry.

Nope...I don't know the answer either.

Bill

I've read some of your posts on this forum (and now look out for them). You talk a great deal of sense and obviously can relate to the problems that others are experiencing. I think it has been said before on here but maybe you should think about taking up some sort of counselling as your profession - you would be brilliant at it!

You do a great deal of good!

Thank you for making me smile. Sometimes I feel I share what I think might help but you never really know whether what you said actually did do any good and whether it did help the person even if in a small way to get through a bad period so thank you for reassuring me that my time here is worth something.

Whenever I've met counsellors they've always seemed rather cold and detached, firing questions putting you on the spot. I know that's how they're trained because they have to remain objective, professional and help you to find the answers for yourself. However, I don't believe I could ever be like that because it's not in my nature. I like to connect and at least try to offer comfort when someone is in distress but it would mean I couldn't remain detached. I think I have too many hurts of my own and I'm too soft. Perhaps typing on here keeps that distance for others sake.

I must admit though I do get immense satisfaction from helping someone get on with their lives just as I've found when I train someone in my sport. It's just terrific when you know someone's happy and smiling again but I'm no professional and I know I'm not always right. I just love trying.

I did try setting my own local anxiety group thinking I could help people in person but not enough people attended to make it cost effective. There is another larger group I could visit but it's 25 miles away and finding the time isn't easy.

To be honest I just feel tied. There's so much more I'd love to do and for others but for one reason or another I can't fit it all in hence being on here so late at night when most have long since gone to bed.

Counselling would be great fun because I love helping others but even if I could, I just don't feel I would be emotionally suitable for such an important role. Thank you though for your kind words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information