Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: middle of the night...

Hi Fee,

I have experienced some scary nights with all sorts of symptoms from cold sweats to bright flashing lights, although not the itching or spots.

But Karen, is right, ring the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 just to help calm you down. I have done that in the past, as well as ringing NHS Direct! Both 24/7 services.

Did you ever get to the bottom of these spots - was it scabies or not and what treatment are you having?

Ray xx

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

fee with the scrtching do you have sweating before it?
    jackie

Hi Fee,

Big hugs mate, aww poor you, sounds like you had a horrible night. Night panics are awful.

I hope you're feeling better now and that your counselling goes ok today.

Thinking of you.

Lisa x

Hi everyone and thanks for the messages!

I am still terribly itchy and anxious, the counselling session was just an initial one with the Community Health Nurse - but it was good to have someone to offload on and she is going to try and find out my status in relation to getting CBT and low cost support - I will see her again next Monday. I had a good old sob, which was probably good - I am full of grief about sarah and anger about waiting for this biopsy and fear about the future... It's not surprising I'm in such a state - I can feel this bad normally lol!!!

Ray - thanks for that - the Doc said that as the treatment didn't work it wasn't a scabies related allergy - although I remember you said your brother took ages to get rid of it, so it's one more thing I am still wondering about - whether to try another treatment - but the Doc says no.... and I'm trying to trust the Doc (hard as it is!!!). I have phoned the samaritans in the past but to be honest coming on here and offloading works better for me - thank goodness I have this site! You are all so wonderful and there is usually at least one person around!

Jackie - the rash does seem to come with sweating I must admit... there are so many things (including stress) that can cause urticaria/hives I just don't know what to think! I know it will pass eventually but I'm so stressed out at the moment it's hard to relax...

Lucy - I'm afraid of all medications including Piriton - I kept looking at it in the night but couldn't get myself to risk it lol! How stupid is that!! I had taken a little bit of a sleeper and was afraid they would react, but I have taken a little bit now... Hopefully I will sleep this afternoon!!

I think we definitely need to set up a home for worn out panickers! We could skip the hippy bit!! The middle of the night is so lonely....

Thanks Lisa - counselling went ok as far as it went - I'm just gonna pop over to see how you are doing hun xxxxx

I am a right old mess at the moment, but maybe I need to fall apart so I can put myself back together better than I was?!!!

Thank you all for caring xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

Hi Fee,

I'm glad the counselling went ok, a good sob often helps. I hope you can get some CBT it does really help. It cured me totally the first time I had it, this time is proving harder mind you.

You're not a mess, just struggling with alot of things, but I do believe one day you will be better than you ever were before.

I hope you feel better after a nap.

Love and hugs,

Lisa x

Hi Fee, I woke up one morning with a rash on my inside forearm, where I'd been scratching. Turned out I had a touch of high blood pressure, the day after it was back to normal again. I have a habit of getting high blood pressure & temperature when I have panic attacks. I've got used to it now. There's nothing they can give me because it only seems to happen when I have panic attacks, its nothing life-threatening that I need medication for. If you are worried, go see your GP. I have a nurse at my GP's & she's really reassuring & checks little things out for me like that when I'm worried.

Hi Fee

The counselling session sounds positive and it would be good to get some CBT going sooner rather than later. The system is so frustrating at times.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am a right old mess at the moment, but maybe I need to fall apart so I can put myself back together better than I was?!!!
    <div align="right">Originally posted by feege - 20 February 2006 : 15:21:31</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I often think that about myself. Maybe I needed to hit rock bottom before I could start to drag myself back up again. I certainly had hit rock bottom.

Hope you manage to have a good nap this afternoon.

Karen xx

Thanks lisa and karen!

I think the antihistamines really knocked me out for an hour!!!! Still feel a bit itchy but no bad reaction so will try and take a bit more and regularly which is what the doctor told me to do 2 weeks ago ([:I][:I]).

I do feel really dopey though - and that's on a kiddie dose!!

Thanks Lesley - fortunately my BP has been pretty good lately, but I do get very hot a lot (it's me age love lol!!!).

hugs xxxxx

fee
    xx

Hi fee,

Glad you got some sleep and are ok with the antihistamines.

I only take the ones that are non drowsy thankfully - oh and I have to remember to avoid grapefruit while on the damn things.

Hope you have a good evening, I have to go and make hubby a steak and kidney pie now (yuk - the things I do even though I don't eat meat!).

Lisa x

Hi Fee

Wow! I could do with those antihistamines if they knock you out . Which ones did you use? I found it difficult to sleep last night having taken 2 sleeping pills (I know I'm only meant to take one [:O]).

Karen xx

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information