Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram - Enter the Libido

Question Citalopram - Enter the Libido

I have a curious question and one that maybe some kind unblushing NMP users would mind shedding some light on.

I have been plucking up the courage to convince my GP to put me on a course of Citalopram . I have been scouring the NMP forums getting my knowledge on the drug and reading your experiences for a while and I am almost resolute that this is something I wish to try.

Strangely enough it’s the loss of my mojo that concerns me the most. Most of the side effects I already have experience without taking citalopram. So I’m willing to go through it all again if it means I gain positive results. It has taken me so long to get my libido up to even half strength while suffering from anxiety and depression and have enjoyed some erm... good times . I’m just concerned that this side effect is unrecoverable.

So I guess my questions are:

Is the possible loss of libido a short term side effect or is it likely to stick around for the duration of the treatment?

If it is a long term side effect, is it possible to get it back by sheer will alone by forcing your libido to over power the effects of the Citalopram? (I am Libido, I am Strong)

And finally and less seriously, if you do manage to overpower this side effect what happens when you finally come off the Citalopram? Do you find yourself with a super strength libido, a penchant for wearing blue velvet suits with frill necked shirts and a compunction for saying “Yeeaah baby” allot?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can share on this topic.

Re: Citalopram - Enter the Libido

I haven't lost my mojo so you might be ok. My "YES YES YES" is more of a "hmmm..err...yep" though

i didnt lose mine ether mate go for it the rewards are worth it

I think some people struggle with "it" , but also try to bear in mind that worrying about worrying about it can have the same effect.

Also just the depression/panic/anxiety can impact on us in the same way so you may actuallyy be fine, I hope you are

Hey I'm a 20 year old guy and it has demolished mine. Heres praying its only temporary though hey!

Its frustrating but honestly I couldn't have sex with the anxiety anyway so its not missing much, I can hold it off till then =]

He he he, there's loads of s, we're so British

mine has hit rock bottom and im not blushing im flippin peed off, my partner is great about it but i want it back

I want my O back, give me my O!

Hi

I was doing ok while on 10 mg and still could get some decent "O"'s, but since being on 20mg it's just not happening and it sucks my boyfriend thinks so too . I hope it will improve soon oterwise i may as well join the nunnery.

Keta

I'm the same Keta,

I had a few fluttery ones on 10mg but as soon as I upped to 20mg I couldn't reach O. Really frustrating!

I'm going to discuss it with my doc on Monday. On the plus side I've got my life back (which is the main thing of course) but now.... I want my O back!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information