Thread: Fear of Sky/high ceilings

Fear of Sky/high ceilings

Hi,

My name is Jess, I posted something in my intro thread about a fear of the sky but i didn't really go into too much detail.

If anyone has heard of this, please let me know.. I have a fear of looking up, usually at the sky, or high ceilings. If the ceiling is low, i usually don't have a problem...but i've had panic attacks in places like church, or other places with high ceilings. My boyfriend and i went out with a few friends a few weeks ago, and i noticed the ceiling was very high...it was almost impossible for me to calm down..

anyone else experience anthing similar/heard of anything like this?

Re: Fear of Sky/high ceilings

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond of Neptune View Post
    Hi,

My name is Jess, I posted something in my intro thread about a fear of the sky but i didn't really go into too much detail.

If anyone has heard of this, please let me know.. I have a fear of looking up, usually at the sky, or high ceilings. If the ceiling is low, i usually don't have a problem...but i've had panic attacks in places like church, or other places with high ceilings. My boyfriend and i went out with a few friends a few weeks ago, and i noticed the ceiling was very high...it was almost impossible for me to calm down..

anyone else experience anthing similar/heard of anything like this?

Hi DN, when I had the stage with the uncontrable panics anxiety depression I had first time the same sensations and still have them when I go to the big shopping centres. I know it's not clear agarophobia but like one of the elements of it. But it's not a big deal. As for the sky, I woul recommnd you to go and sit on the beach or river bank regularly. This way you will start enjoying the sky and will notpanic.

Hi Jess, I don't share your fear but remembered this previous thread on here in which several people said they did:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...hlight=ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by JaneC View Post
    Hi Jess, I don't share your fear but remembered this previous thread on here in which several people said they did:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...hlight=ceiling

thank you so much for you help. I've read many of the threads and I am happy to finally have a name for this phobia, and am able to further research it. Thank you!!

I am also suffering of the same problem .And i Am searching lot of sires to find the right thing to remove this phobia . If any know the PM me .

Thread Information