View Poll Results: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

Voters
980. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fulltime

388 39.59%
  • Part Time

224 22.86%
  • Not at all

368 37.55%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

I had to leave my job 8 years ago because of anixety, depression and agoraphobia. I have tried part time work but only lasted a few days.

I now do some voluntary office work which I love and there is no time limit on it so if I feel awful after arriving, I know I can leave so I dont feel trapped but I do usually manage 2 - 3 hours on a good day.

I wish I could return to work to give me some structure to my week.
    I admire those people who are living with anxiety and panic attacks and are holding down a job as well.

Take care everyone
    Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Have a full-time job but currently on sick leave as part of my anxiety is caused by stress at work (?burnout). Will probably go back part-time, when the time comes. I am enjoying the freedom of time off after many years of working and bringing up a child. I feel like I deserve a rest (and my body clearly agrees too or it wouldn't have fired such an obvious shot across the bow)!

me cant work!!! :( but id love too!!! cant go out on me own and for some strange reason they wont let me take a family member to work with me!! lol!!!

I had managed to work with Panic Attacks for 10 plus years but since I got worse with anxiety have been off for 4weeks so far - Cant face getting out of bed some days so dont think I will be back in near future, Am on long term sick with a very none understanding boss, so think my future with that company is over

I work full time, but this is down to the nature of work and the flexibility of my wonderful work colleagues.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

I haven't had a paid job for two years, and just a very few hours voluntary work.

I have great difficulty having a good night's sleep and then waking in the morning. Consequently, I don't have so many hours to fill. I make sure I don't mope around watching TV, and am usually out of the house in the afternoon.

I miss the 'people' aspect of work, and would like to get back there on a part-time basis, probably doing something totally different to earn 'holiday money'.

I'm very fortunate in that I was given early retirement and redundancy soon after my anxiety got bad, and so can pay the bills without depending on benefits etc. I'm 52 now.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

I work tell i drop as of the last few months not one day off but just a few for doc app its the onlything that keeps me going!!!And breing in alot of income does help as well because i dont want to worry about not making my bills as well just if i didnt do that there is more axiety on my plate and on a day off i cant find thing to keep my mind off my health axiety so i start to drift and wonder with the what if thinking and the o.c.d of looking up deases on the net wich iam banned from docs in doing so iam only able to go to two sites this one and my ibs site...

i have been jobless for around 5 months now because of anxiety. I am on some new meds now so i think i am going to give it another shot in a couple weeks. =)

I work, i too couldnt stay at home. I believe me being at home in the first place made me depressed. I have 2 children and they are both in school now. The job was a real boost for me, a distraction. But even though alot may not work, a home life with family and children can and is often full time job in itself! xx

I have to work or lose house and all the luxuries I have.

Have always worked to keep going and get normality in life

Nicola

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information