View Poll Results: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

Voters
980. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fulltime

388 39.59%
  • Part Time

224 22.86%
  • Not at all

368 37.55%
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

Re: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

I am 43 and have worked since I was 16. I was made redundant in June & due to the economic climate & my dip in my anxiety/panic situation I feel it suits me to be at home at the moment.

I know once I start to feel better within myself I will be back out looking for a job.

We need something else in our lives to take our minds of our not feeling so good.

By the way I am just new to this site.

Jackie

I'm working full time and wish I wasn't, I could really do with a couple of months off to feel better. Birthdays and christmas coming up though so work I must unfortunately.

I have a full time job. I've been fighting anxiety for 16 years now and in the beginning I had a very hard time working and even spent 2 years out of work. I was in a high management position in a global company until about 6 months ago when I was demoted due to my lack of performance which was caused by my anxiety. I didn't dare tell anyone at work about the anxiety because in the management circle there are really just a bunch of arrogant people interested in their own careers so I wouldn't have gotten any support anyhow. Now I work because in the 2 years that i wasn't working I felt like such a loser. My ex also made me feel terrible about being receiving state benefits and I'm still scarred by that. Going to work is pretty much a nightmare now since I now work with the people who used to be my employees and so I feel like a loser being at work or not having a job. I guess I'm screwed either way

I work because I have a family to support and a house to pay a mortgage on.

I'm confused as to how many people aren't working. How are you supporting yourself? Disability doesn't pay much - certainly doesn't cover a house payment or health insurance. And in the US anyway it can take 2 years to get it if you get it at all. Just curious.

If I didn't HAVE to work to support people I'd work anyway - even volunteer - because sitting at home would make me worse.
    Last edited by Tovah; 22-09-09 at 18:16.

I work up to about 25 hours a week in a very flexible job which means as long as I get my work done by the end of the week I can choose what times and days I work. I prefer to work everyday even when I dont feel so good. My partner works full time in a well paid position, but I also look after the kids and get them to school and pick them up after and run them around all over the country side.

i work full time and do a full time degree. having free time makes me worse i prefer not having time to think .

I Cant Even Make It 2 Interviews Half The Time..
    I Have 1 Tomorow.. Full Time Position.. Cross Keys..!! x

I work full time, i think staying home all day would make me worse.

Hayley

I work full time because I have to - it is a struggle sometimes - I fell if I didn't though I would just sit at home and worry!!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinblack View Post
    i work full time and do a full time degree. having free time makes me worse i prefer not having time to think .
    I find being busy is better than thinking

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information