View Poll Results: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

Voters
980. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fulltime

388 39.59%
  • Part Time

224 22.86%
  • Not at all

368 37.55%
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of Us Are Able To Work?

I have a small part time job and I am currently studying to become a reflexologist too.

I really hope to be back to full time employment eventually and the part time job is a good compromise as it keeps me with a foot in the door.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

At the moment i cannot work due to my anxiety. I am always hyperventilating and getting distressed. I can hardly sleep and i have a drinking problem too. A lot of people (including so called 'family members') think i'm faking it and talk trash about me behind my back.
    If i was in the right state of mind to work - BELIEVE ME I WOULD WORK.

Hi All

I work 2 part-time jobs which adds up to full-time hours. I had a lovely admin job but i gave it up because i could not travel on the buses at that time panic was out of control. Because i had 3 children i went on income support. After some years and children had grown up i had to then claim Incapacity benefit and then's when i started to get help for the anxiety and panic attacks.

Because you need a doctors note as to why i could not work, my doctor's sent me for councelling and i now have a CPN who has helped me so much. I would love to get back to admin work but i am finding it very hard, have applied for so many jobs and heard nothing back. So for now i work in the school's kitchens and also clean at the same school. I don't mind these jobs but the pay is not that good and i stuggle to pay my bills and its a contant worry. I said to my daughter the other day that i was thinking of giving up work she said not to or i would never leave the house. I still have dreadful days of panic when i am at work but i stay because i have to and i hate to let people down so for me it's better that i work. We all have to do what is best for us.

Take care

Pauline

Hi Pauline
    You show great courage and determination by staying when things are bad. Congratulations on being able to do it!!

Don't believe everything you think.

I work full time well 32 hours aweek in a busy petrol station,

sometimes it gets to me but other times no, i have to work i need the money and plus i enjoy it.

if i was just to sit in the house it would make me worse.

on my good days im fine i have no problems at all but other days i actuall stand behind the till and my legs are shaking.

I work because i have to with the debts i have. Hate the job so i am looking for something different. When i have felt so bad with anxiety i have had months of as couldnt do it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

I work full time from home, sounds like a bit of a cop out but with agoraphobia its the only way I can try and lead as normal a life as possible

Sue with 5 ( oh and thats the other reason ) five children

scknight

I work full time from home, sounds like a bit of a cop out but with agoraphobia its the only way I can try and lead as normal a life as possible

Sue with 5 ( oh and thats the other reason ) five children

scknight

I don't work because of my anxiety, well not just because of that, i have 3 kids to look after as well (2 of which have cystic fibrosis). as well as another child on theway there's no way i could work, i don't feel fit enought to anyway.

i worked part-time until just the end of last year. working kept an element of reality and ability to distract from personal issues. I resigned after taking my first major panic attack. the works space is tiny and with new systems being put in trainers were there too, a space barely able to fit 3 people this day had 7! i freaked out and they snubbed my situation as stupidity and after that the bitchiness sored. i would go into work and no-one would talk to me. it was depressing, so the one thing that gave me a hint of normality had turned into hell.

After the panic attack, they wouldnt let me go home, no sympathy, nothing. It was a new experience for me and was terriffied, but the "act normal" bit in my brain kicked in. Not to mention the fact that a few months previous i was attacked by a group of thugs and left with a broken rib, you would have though that any humane notion these people should have they could have at least been slightly sympathetic. Sorry, thinking about it again is getting my blood boiling.:(

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information