Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irritable Bowel Syndrome

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi, I suffer from panic attacks & anxiety, my daughter has just been diagnosed with IBS. Thinking about it, we both worry over the same things. I can see her coping with life exactly the same as me, which at times hasn't been so good. My daughter is only 17, found out about the IBS during exam revision, she had a lot of pressure put on her because she was doing 10 GCSE's but also got picked by her tutors to do a couple of A levels a year early. She hasn't managed the IBS very well, I put it down to poor diet, you know what teenagers are like lol! So, I can definitely say that IBS is linked to anxiety, although my daughter isn't on meds for anxiety, just meds for IBS. Good news in all this, she passed all her exams!!

Les

<div align="right">Originally posted by Lesley Larkin - 21 February 2006 : 13:20:57</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Aww.. I'm sorry your daughter has to go thru IBS as such a young age. I'm only 19 and I have this. It seems I might of inherited IBS from my mom, though my mom doesn't have anxiety like me.

We Don't Have To Live In Fear No More

I suffer from IBS, i have had this for about 3 years, i had it before my anxiety problems started but these days i seem to get very bloated stomachs maybe the anxiety has made it worse or something.

Its a funny little thing isn't it IBS. I must admit before my daughter was diagnosed I thought IBS was like ME, forgive me for being ignorant, but if you went to your GP with symptoms he couldn't put his finger on, it was ME for years & now its IBS! I couldn't be more wrong. When its physically in your life you understand it more & it becomes real if you know what I mean. It needs control & to have if with anxiety must be awful. Anyway, for all you IBS sufferers, i'm thinking of you & if you have any tips for my junk food lovin daughter (haha!) feel free!

Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information