<center>The Role of Beliefs & Emotions in OCD:
Looking for help from people with OCD and other anxiety disorders
</center>

I am a third year student at Canterbury Christ Church University studying for a doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I am currently undertaking a major piece of research investigating the degree to which certain beliefs and emotions are involved in the development and maintenance of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). More specifically, the study will explore people’s beliefs around being responsible and their beliefs about the likelihood of harm happening to them or to others. The study will also explore the influence of different emotions such as anger and guilt. By gaining a deeper understanding of how these beliefs and emotions are linked to OCD, it is hoped that this project will contribute towards the development of more effective treatment for OCD. This study has received full approval from the NHS Research Ethics Committee.

I am looking for men and women over the age of 17 years to participate within this study. This includes people who believe they have OCD or people who believe they have another type of anxiety disorder. This study will involve completing a number of postal questionnaires and returning them to me in a prepaid envelope. There is also the option of speaking to me over the telephone, although you can choose whether or not you wish to take part in this section of the study. The research is completely confidential and all information will be anonymised.

If you are interested in taking part and would like to find out some more information, please contact me at the postal address, email address or telephone number given below. Please remember to mention my name, as well as to leave your own name and contact details so that I may either speak to you or send you further information. Many thanks for your interest.

Contact Details

Name: Louise Briscall

Address: Clinical Psychology Doctorate Course, Canterbury Christ Church University, David Salomons Estate, Broomhill Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN3 0TG

Telephone: 01892 507673 (answer phone only)
Email: ocdstudy@hotmail.co.uk