Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: it's all new to me

Re: it's all new to me

Hi Russ,

Glad to hear you are doing o.k.

I had a blip day yesterday and first thing this morning but the rest of the day was fine, so am hoping it was just the initial returning to work and settling down again!! Now down to the 15mg of mirtazipine so will take that for a couple of weeks then reduce again....leaving the pregabalin dose as it is at 150mg per day at the moment.

Take care
    Jo.xx

Woah

Got a bit cocky and decided to jump upto 450mg. I throughly recommend no one does this i spent two days on what can only be described as a rock and roll weekend. I lost all my inhibitions along with the plot. Gone down to 150mg daily and will start taking 150mg at night and 75mg in the morning from next Monday and work my way up from there.

Hope everyone is doing well

Take it easy

Russ
    Last edited by Rustyp81; 18-08-10 at 20:08.

Yep Russ, self-medicating is not a good idea, as you already know!

So I'll agree with Russ, never increase your medication without your doctors, just cos you might feel better on one dosage doesnt mean you should up it to feel even better, it doesnt work like that!

But long may the recovery continue Russ!

Oh dear Russ...what are you like...obviously huge learn!! I am now on 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night, seems to be stablizing. Talked to my GP today (am currently reducing on the mirtazipine gone from 30mg to 15mg) I am to take the 15mg for another 1-2 weeks then half it for another 2 weeks before stopping altogether and just taking the pregabalin.

See how it goes!!

Glad that you are benefiting from the pregabalin Russ...let it continue for you.

Take care
    Jo.xx

hey

Sorry i haven't been around much. had to take my self away and get myself sorted.

Happy to report that i have stabilised on 150mg at night and 75mg in the morning. I am the best i've been for ages and have managed to get my amitriptyline down to 25mg a day.

Still a way to go i think and am looking forward to getting upto 300mg but am in no rush this time.

I've also been prescribed diazipam on an as needed basis and lyricia seams to increase the effect of thees, 2mg seams to have a similar effect too 5mg without, which is a bonus.

So yeah, doing O.K and for now O.K is just fine.

Hope every one else is doing well?

Take it easy

Russ

Good to hear you are doing well Russ!

I'm good and will do my usual long post soon but I'm getting ready for my sisters hen party which is happening during Manchester Pride this weekend.

I will soon be finding out if excess alcohol is a good or bad thing whilst on Lyrica

Be careful with those diazepam and I would say use at little as possible, I was addicted for a while and took 18 months to get off the damned things!

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing ok?

Sorry for the long delay in updating this post but i have been uber busy over the past month or so. I have started a degree course at uni and have been having issues with my meds.

I managed to get upto 150mg in the morning and 150mg at night. This seamed to work out OK but started to get very long lasting and strong belts of derealisation and depersonalization. This really played tricks with me and i really wasn't sure what to do. I went back to see my shrink and he said that DP/DR are both siode effects of this med. We decided to goto 150mg at night and 75mg in the morning. He's also suggested to reduce my amitriptylne as he thinks that the may also not be helping as anything that plays around with the 5-ht seams to have a negative effect on my symptoms, especially my visuals. He prescribed me CLonazepam rather than diazipam as the valium just wasn't doing anything unless i took a lot. I got a bit carried away with the Clonazepam at first but now have managed to get it back down to an as needed bases.

So that where i am now 225mg Pregablin - 50mg Amitriptylin - 2mg Clonazepam as and when. The pan is to drop down the ammi over the next 2 months so hopefully i will be off it by the time i go back to see my shrink in January.

So year, thats me. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ,

I have a form of HPPD but not as severe as what yours sounds like. I have static vision, illusion of movement and objects changing shape slightly when I stare at them. The drug use set me up for a bad case of OCD which after two years I am finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel through relaxation and practicing mindfulness techniques. Coincidentally as the anxiety has subsided so have the HPPD symptoms and they are slowly starting to go (or I'm not noticing them as much).

Hang in there buddy, it does get better believe me.

just started pregabalin on 25mg in morning and night only been on for 4 days and feel really spaced out and dizzy so bad cant move was wandering if worth going on higher does and getting through side effects on them because there seems to be a lot of possitive benifits of it . I am taking it for chronic pain but headache seems to be worse at moment and no energy any replys would be gratfull

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information