Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenging myself.

Challenging myself.

Hey everyone,
    I've decided that tomorrow is the day when I will begin to tackle my fear of travelling on buses. With the help of my very supportive boyfriend, some Rescue Remedy and a Kalms tablet I hope I'll make the 20 minute or so journey into town.
    Anyone else setting themselves a challenge for the coming week?

Re: Challenging myself.

Hi Shinderuko Good luck you will be so pleased when you have done it .

Today i walked from home to a house not to far away they where having a fundraising event i was really panicy before i went but it was fine and i am home to tell the tale and i feel good about it .

Take Care Maggie xxx ps let us no how you get on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had this fear. It gets better with exposure therapy so you are doing the right thing. Good luck! I am sure you will be fine

Well done Maggie.
    Thank you both for your encouragement.
    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow

HI - I have set myself up two massive challenges. One is going swimming (which I have avoided due to being overweight but is something that I love doing) and the other is going for my first workout at a gym. I basically got SO fed up and depressed about being able to do nothing due to my panic attacks that I've just decided sod it - I'm going to do it! You really have to get to that point where avoidance is making you really depressed and then you'll find the courage to do it. I am struggling with panic attacks and driving at the moment and like you I have problems on public transport. You are doing the best thing possible by going out there and just doing it. I hope you can relax into it and maybe even enjoy it - you never know! Good luck and well done.

Thank you Sketcysam. I'm most looking forward to being able to go around the book shops once I've braved the bus.
    Good luck with both of your challenges.
    Let us know how they both go.

BIG HUG For tomorrow go for it

Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Things didn't quite go to plan today. Ended up walking instead of getting the bus but managed to stay in town for 7 hours and endure the cinema with my boyfriend. I felt awful at some points but I just ignored those feelings. Got the bus home on my own too
    Pretty much skipped down my road with pride. Glad I took the plunge.

Wow Shinderuke Not going to plan really worked for you what a star cinema/ town 7hrs and bus home alone no wonder you where skipping well done big pat on the back xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You did fantastically well ... woohoo go you. I'm so very pleased to hear that you managed so much. I am still not good with public transport but I am supposed to be going to work by train next week, I don't know how I will fair but you have definitely been an inspiration.

I find busy shops, towns, public transport most crowded areas a nightmare.. I don't like being out in the dark by myself either,... I was supposed to be exposing myself to this things gradually so that by this winter I would hopefully be ready for the dark but have to be honest have avoided as much as possible. The thing is that it sounds like you had a motive for going looking for books, you had support boyfriend and more importantly you did not back out because the plan didnt go as arranged but you adapted to still achieve your goals... sounds like you had a great day.. well done .

10 Gold stars for sure x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information