Thread: Buspirone seem effective so far...

Buspirone seem effective so far...

Evening all,

I know there have been a few posts re Buspirone/ Buspar, so thought I'd share my experience so far....

Had a bad reaction to Citalopram so decided SSRI's are not for me, went to gp and asked re Buspirone. He said "would you like some" I said "how kind, yes please.... but will they be ok for me?" He basically said to start low dose and see how it goes, and to remember these are only temp measure.

Started 5mg once a day on Fri, seemed to take the edge off although that may have been Placebo??? 5mg Sat pretty much the same, then 2x 5mg today (breakfast and tea).

I have major probs with feeling spaced out and exhausted all the time, and it usually scares the life out of me, but tonight I feel maybe slightly more spaced than usual?? Yet somehow relatively calm.... Id usually be scared stiff, but I just seem to be accepting it tonight. Also had a few twinges over last couple of days that would normally trigger anxiety, but I seem to be less sensitive. Despite feeling poorly still, I almost have a feeling of what it would be like to be 'normal' of mind (not anxious 24/7).

It states that they take 2 weeks to hit full effect... well if this is the effect they have on me after a few days then I should be doing great by then!

Only side effects so far have been headaches (quite bad yest), very tired, and raging thirst/ dry mouth.... I can live with that!

Will keep you all posted, Jill.

Re: Buspirone seem effective so far...

How are you doing on the busperine now , any update as I have recently started them

Re: Buspirone seem effective so far...

Hi Shaun,

This thread is five years old, and the poster is no longer active, so there may be no reply. I tried buspirone some years ago, but didn't feel it was doing much for me.

Thread Information