Thread: One sided tingling, feeling c**p

One sided tingling, feeling c**p

My latest bout of HA started about a month ago when I noticed that two of my toes tingled when I put weight on them. I went to the Dr and he said probably a trapped nerve, but to come back if it spread or got worse. So then a couple of weeks later, I started to get shoting nerve pains in my arm on the same side. I know it could be from using the laptop and poor posture as it always gets worse after I have done that and I know I have masses of tension in my neck and shoulder on that side.

Now today, the tingling is moving from the middle toes to the outer two toes on the same side, and is only there when I put pressure on the foot,so I know it is a nerve thing rather than an anxiety thing.

I am literally going out of my mind. I feel certain I have either MS, ALS or a tumour that is causing this. My anxiety is so bad, and I feel depressed too. I have a 7 month old daugher and I am not even able to enjoy her because all I do is think about this 24/7. It is unfair on her and I feel like a rubbish mother. I am also a teacher and am on my summer holiday and am not enjoying that either, I am just wasting it obsessing.

It is affecting my marraige, I can't talk to my husband about this any more as he is sick of hearing it and it just causes arguments. I feel depressed and I really am convinced in my mind that this is more than anxiety. I don't know how to get myself out of this. I have taken medication in the past, but right now I am breastfeeding so I don't want to take anything unless I really have to.

I am going back to the Dr on Monday, and I feel as though time is at a standstill until then. I am terrified he is going to send me for an MRI, and I will have to wait weeks and the fear of what they will find is honestly going to give me a breakdown!

Yesterday, the tingling went away for the whole day and I felt OK, today is is back and I feel awful. I don't even sleep at night beasue I am just so worried about what this illness is.

Thanks for reading, I just wanted to get it off my chest as I don't really have anyone I can talk to about these things.

Re: One sided tingling, feeling c**p

Hi Cattia sorry you are feeling so anxious about things you have a lovely baby and are on school holidays so you need to feel well and enjoy your baby , maybe a trip to Dr to ask about non drug tratments that may be able to help you counselling ??

Please Take Care Maggie for you
    Hope my spelling ok teacher ?? i am rubbish at spelling xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi cattia, i had this on some of my fingers when i had just had my baby it lasted a few weeks and it was only when i used them that i noticed it more. i must say i had the same fears but eventually it just went. i think it was anxiety. i am pleased you are getting this checked out so it will im sure put your mind at rest x
    sarah x

hi cattia, please read through my old threads as i also had the tingling and i ahd numbness since nov 09. I was so petrified by it that i ruined my xmas as i could not concentrate on anything other then this! The more i i focused on it the worse it got and i know it is hard not to focous on it as it scaring the hell out of u. But ur not alone, loads on here have had it as well, i dont get so much now as i have new body worrys but now im talking to u about it i can feel it in my fingers, left foot and back!!!!!! Please enjoy ur baby and dont let it comsume u, i now its easier said then done but it will pass. I had a mri and all sorts of tests< all came back negitive! Hope u feel better soon hun xxx

carli, i have the same fears as cattia at the moment but with different symptoms. I totally agree with you when you say, sometimes symptoms fade when you have "other" symprtoms to worry about. And as we speak i too am getting the tingling i used to get on top of the other symptoms i am worried about at the moment x

cattia, my daughter is 9 months old and i too feel like im not enjoying her as i should due to my health worries. it consumes you doesnt it? And at times i feel a bad mum too, but we are not. We are doing the best we can in a hard situation. we must keep telling ourselves that x

sarah x
    Last edited by sjr1969; 26-07-10 at 13:19.

yh i know, i keep getting a senation on my head, the only way i can describe it is that its as if i can feel my hair growning at the front of my head. I think i have always had it and its never bothered me but now it petrifies me! I also can think properly or remember things......so it starts another ms circle, drives me up the wall. :( x

Quote Originally Posted by carli View Post
    i can feel my hair growning at the front of my head.

Sorry not sure what you mean by that quote?

If it feels like someone touching your hair i get that alot x

sarah x

guys, it means so much to me that you take the time to reply to my post when I have nobody else to talk to. I am really struggling with this and I feel bad, worse than I have for a long time, but coming here and being able to talk to people who understand is like a little ray of light. Thank you.

cattia im going through similar thing at the moment with same fears and some of the symptoms if you want to pm me you can. I am sort of in the same boat as i have a little one to look after too x

sarah x

Thread Information