Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weak at the knees - weak legs

weak at the knees - weak legs

Ive had alot of symptoms lately and been really anxious about them all. This is one i have had but seems to be really at the forefront of them all at the moment. I feel so weak in the legs and on saturday i got so scared because it sort of felt that my left knee gave way, twice. Not sure the sensation i got, but it felt that it gave way for a second or so. I didnt fall or anything as at the time i was walking and the other time i was moving from leg to the other or something. it happened so quickly that i wasnt sure what it was.

Now back to the MS worry again, along with all of my other symptoms.

Anyone get this or the weakness? Im sure its worse now im focusing on it. Im scared it will happen again x

sarah x

Re: weak at the knees - weak legs

I get that too, on occasion. I have for years. Sometime, a couple of time close together, other times, months apart. Mine feels like my knee just kind of gives out for a short second. Almost like it goes backwards a bit or something. I call them chicken steps.. Seems to me, that I was usually sitting for a long time before they happen. I have also had them happen if I step on just a slight hole or rise in the street or step. It happens so fast, you know that it happens, but you don't have time to study it. Mine is mostly on the left side.

I get this a lot. Feel like my legs are dragging and I have to put in a huge amount of mental effort to keep them going.

Try this; when you feel they are going weak, stamp your feet loads, jump up and down. This will restore your nervous system's awareness of your legs and feet, and they won't feel so weak and disconnected from you.

thanks so so much for the replies.

Cinny you have described EXACTLY what happened and the first time it happened was on uneven ground and the second time was about a minute or so later when i was walking around a table. Yes it did feel like my knee went backwards a bit thats just how it felt. Mine is left side too and yes it happens so quick you cant analyse it enough.

Gareth I will try the stamping around. Not sure i have the energy to jump at the moment though!

I think with the combination of other symptoms i have at the moment thats why i have worried about bad things so much.

sarah x

anyone else suffer with weak legs, sometimes it feels as if its coming from the hips sometimes all over, sometimes at the knees.

sarah x

Hi Sarah,
    Im new just joined! I get the weak leg thing and i get alot of numbness in my face sometimes it can be really scary i feel as though my legs will give way at any moment! The last time it happend was yesterday i was in the bank with my mum and i couldnt feel my legs but i stayed there and after i noticed once i was talking to someone else i forgot about my symptoms even though it was just for a few seconds. I often try to just keep doing what i am doing, it makes me feel better after although i di still get knockbacks where it frightens me too much!

hi kerrie thanks for the reply. Its a scary one, because you have to use your legs!!

SARAH X

Hi, I have this constantly at the moment even at home, I'm walking like I'm drunk and swaying too, it makes walking difficult like my legs are going to stop working it's hard to put one foot in front of the other. My legs kind of feel weak yet stiff very scary. J wish I could convince myself it is anxiety.

hi ann, yes its hard to keeping saying to yourself it anxiety. I think its the not knowing that keeps us worrying. Its every day with me at the moment and with a baby to look after i am using my legs most of the day so its hard to ignore. Do yours feel achey too?

sarah x

Hi Sarah yeah my legs ache all the time. Do you have problems walking too. I have this everyday too at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information