Thread: doing great then panic out of the blue

Question doing great then panic out of the blue

Hi my name is nicky and I have been suffering with panic for a year or so and have been working hard to manage them and have started seeing real results. I have been using a large portfolio of techniques which im happy to share.
    I know about no panic through my husband who has also suffered with panic attacks and participated in telephone support group. He no longer suffers from panic.
    Im here because i feel at a dead end - I had the most amazing day yesterday, the first in years total relaxation and total awarness of my body and a psychological breakthrough but then I had a night panic. Most of my attacks i can predict now and head off before they become too disabling, but this was out of the blue totally unexpected and full blown. Im fed up and angry and I just dont understand.
    My husband says not to take it so seriously its only a panic attack and I dealt with it (which i did) and all i lost was a little sleep and experienced a few uncomfortable symptoms. I know he's right. Is this how recovery goes? or am i not making the progress i thought i was?

Hi amati

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: doing great then panic out of the blue

I just wanted to add that No Panic is not this site but a completely separate charity. Just in case you get us confused.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Thanks,the site's great, loads of inspirational threads and amazing people still pluging away gives me hope and the ENERGY to keep on at it.

To all those who are at the begining of thier journey I know its hard keep on it - and we will get there THANKS TO ALL WHO SHARE

Thread Information