Thread: dental phobia, anyone arfaid of anasthesia?

dental phobia, anyone arfaid of anasthesia?

Hi, I'm about to have a whole lot of dental work done. I'm a complete mess of course, i'm possitively terrified. The problem is that I'm also terrified of anasthesia. I am not afraid of needles, oddly enough, it's not that. I'm afraid of being uncounscious or having drug trips and basically not being aware of what's going on. I'd be fine with a basic sedative, but the problem with that is that I take klonopin and have a certain tolerance level to it. I loathe nitrous oxide, I have terrible childhood memories of my "trips" on it. And general is out of the question. Does anyone have this problem, and do you have a ny sugestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Jessica

Re: dental phobia, anyone arfaid of anasthesia?

I'm also terrified of anasthesia. Just the idea of being unconscious and having no control over anything. Let your dentist know how scared you are when you go in and they'll do everything they can to make it as gentle and easy for you as possible. There are a lot of people out there with that phobia and they are very sympathetic and generally want to make you feel as comfortable as you can.

Re: dental phobia, anyone arfaid of anasthesia?

You hav to tell about your anxiety and pNic to the dentist in advance. Anastetic is basically a whole lot of adrenaline and therefore for me it caused amajor pNic attack right in the chair. I believe you can prepRw yourself emotionally together with the dentist prior to thesession, and I think this way you can avoid panic attack.

Thread Information