Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of flying and Diazepam 2mg

Re: Fear of flying and Diazepam 2mg

HI Danni you can take them even if you have had something to eat they will still work , they just make you feel relaxed , even 2mg will if you have never had them before.

im taking diazepam for almost 2 years on and off. means 28 tabs will last me at least 4 months. i only take it when i feel down and panicky. i want to get rid of it but it seems i still need it when there's event happened that can caused stress. i take half which 1 mg if i need it. do you think im addicted with this?

Hi there DanniTurner

I use Diazepam to fly and have done for years. It depends on the length of the flight as to how many I take - my doctor always prescribes me a dozen at a time.

For a 7 hour flight I take 2 before boarding and another 2 about halfway. I have not experienced anything other than a sense of calm! The first time I flew after taking one, my mother could not believe I was on a plane and smiling!

I have never taken them on an empty stomach - mainly because I make sure to get a good sleep and eat properly before flying, and I have never had a problem with them not working.

Good luck but I think you'll find (as I have) that thanks to these magic pills, you can fly!

Hi there Danni - take the tablets - you will be fine! Also, try and find something that you will enjoy doing on the flight that can concentrate on to distract you - I always save the current issue of my fave magazine or indulge myself in a purchase of a new book or puzzle book at the airport. Perhaps you have some favourite music on your mp3 that you would like to listen to once airborne?

Focus on the fact of where you are flying to - how fantastic it will be when you get there and what a good time you are going to have.

Oh and by the way, another thing that works for me is to break my flight time down by the hour (or smaller if a short flight) and time check as each hour goes by -congratulating myself that there is only X amount of time left and how well I am doing etc - I really find this works and I managed to fly to Australia a couple of years ago without meds and this is after a lifetime of absolute fear and trepidation about even the shortest of flights. Oz was fantastic and the flying was cool too!!

Hi
    I took these about 15 years ago as I was terrified of flying. I used them on 2 separate occassions and they worked a treat. I found that although I was a little nervous it was a, normal nervous, and not a terrifying one. Since using them on 2 separate occasions I've been fine and haven't had to use them again and now fly on a regular basis with no panic attacks etc

First time on here looks a brill site !
    I am flying on Friday a 4 hour flight GP has prescribed 2mg diazipan but I am really panicking about taking them - I have also have a real nervous stomach !! Advice please...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information