Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I can help you

Maybe I can help you

Hi,
    Just a quick informational introduction really.
    I am a mind coach / therapist qualified in psychology and neuro linguistic programming, as well as practising other forms of therapy.
    I am based in Sheffield but I now also offer a full, one to one live sessions over the internet for people who live further a field.
    I deal with many clients who suffer from anxiety & panic & phobias amongst other things, and my methods have a high success rate.
    I do not offer any miracle cure, but work hard with you to change the way you feel.
    There is no set way to help anyone, and all my sessions are based totally to the individuals needs.
    As a past sufferer of anxiety myself, I appreciate what you might be going through at the minute, and understand the support that is needed to help.
    I offer a fully supportive and confidential service, including email correspondence throughout the time you are having sessions with me.
    My rate is £20.00 per half hour, or £30.00 for an hour.
    If anyone is interested please feel free to email me at simon@espg.co.uk or call me on 07903 525159.

If you are able to dream it, then you are able to become it

HI

Maybe I can help you ?

First of all i would like to say when i read your post the first thing that popped into my mind was this:
    "another person trying to make money out of vunerable people"
    Now dont get me wrong you could be the answer to all my problems,however after spending so much money on possible cures I now have come to the conclusion that a cure cant be purchased.
    I have a REAL MEDICAL problem so why should I pay for a medical cure?
    Can I suggest that if you were to offer your services to a "long term" member of NO MORE PANIC for free and they report great results from your treatment then you will surely recieved and deserve many enquiries.

Most People on here are Ill and therefore unable to work and pay out for costly treatment in a desperate hope of a cure, hopefully you will understand this (unlike most other therapists).

mirryx

Sorry Simon, I agree with Mirry. You'll find that many, many people on this site have already had CBT or some other form of counselling, not to mention Samaritans or helplines of some sort. Then again, we all have each other & rather than spend £20/£30 an hour, we come on here & get it for nowt!

Les

I agree.
    When i first started out I had issues with the fact that i felt like some sort of vulture, praying on those who were in a possibly more vulnerable position than I. Having also been through a long stage of suffering from anxiety I also experienced seeing different therapists etc in the hope of finding a solution.
    Not knowing what condition you are suffering from makes it hard for me to comment on your statement regarding a real medical cure.
    I do not offer a cure, as this type of condition can only be cured in the main by the person themselves, and people suffering from this type of condition should not look anywhere but within for the cure - This is the first major step. What i offer is all of the tools that are required to enable a cure. WTogether we look at root, short term prevention and long term cure. These are tried and tested methods. Incidentally the foundations of my methods are based upon what help was given to me to enable me to 'find the cure'.
    Please feel free to email me to discuss your condition. I may well take you up on challenge of being the first therapist to offer a free study.

Lesley,
    I see your point as valid also. But while coming on here is good for communicating with similar people, is that a possible solution to your problems or a safety net against facing them?
    For instance if i had a broken arm I could discuss how to deal with it with other people who had also broken their arm, but ultimately I would have to see someone who deals with bone breaks in order to heal it.

I presume that if you had found a solution on here that you would not still be here.
    Please understand I am not trying to be harsh or argumentitive but part of my technique is to provoke thoughts. My techniques are different in alot of respects to others, but this is because I have been through it myself, including trawling the internet looking for answers.

I did not get into doing what i am doing in the first instance because I wanted to make money. It was because I had suffered from anxiety, found a way of dealing with it and overcoming it and wanted to learn more with a view to helping others. I try to keep my charges lower than anyone else because of this. Quite a few times I waive the additional charge for the extra half hour, not typical with therapists I am sure you will agree.

Welcome Simon,

It's always helpful to have ex sufferers who have now worked their way through it on board.

All helpful tips and advice would be very gratefully recieved - I'm sure we all appreciate you have a living to earn but it would be marvellous if you could give us the benefit of your experience perhaps in your free time occassionally, and then possibly some may wish to take you up on your more formal offer.

As you probably realise we are all here on a voluntary basis as often affording the assistance is difficult if people aren't able to work due their symptoms.

Wishing you every success.

Piglet

I can understand your points Simon, but my sentiments are I have to help myself to overcome this. I've had counselling, tried medication, drank myself half to death; you name it, i've tried it. I may be a cynic, but i've been on websites & spoken to people who have a "miracle" cure when selling their CD's or books. If they worked then we wouldn't need this website. Knowing that other people are experiencing symptoms the same as mine is as much as a cure as I can get. I don't have any reason whatsoever for suffering from anxiety & panic attacks. Sure I have some stressful times as a single mum with 3 kids working full-time, but don't we all for some reason or another, but nothing so serious that would cause panic attacks. I have no idea why I have them so changing my thoughts will not wash with me because I don't have any panicky thoughts. It just happens. I wish you well in your work Simon & hope you visit the site regularly to see how we are all coping.

Les

Thanks for the welcome piglet.
    Lesley, I appreciate your response, and believe me as a new visitor here the last thing I am trying to do is get into arguing or upsetting people.
    I understand you may have felt let down and even ripped off in the past by people promising a 'miracle cure (which I dont). But to declare yourself theoretically beyond help, whoever provides it, is unwise as you CAN get over the feelings and problems you are having.
    What ever you say these feelings come about for some reason, you may not know why or how but they do. This is what a therapist does, they help you find the answers. One day it will click and the pieces come together, then you understand why you get into these anxious moments.
    What we do is much more than this though, we provide techniques to both ease the moment and change the path of the onset, therefore preventing the attack. Only overtime with your willingness and openess will you find the 'cure'. In the most instance this begins with control.
    I do understand you cynicism if you have been let down, but we are not all bad. Medication is good to control the symptoms but you find it also starts to control you, in much the same way as drink.

I agree with you guys.
    This message board is SUPPOSED to be for people who have anxiety and panic disorders to talk and discuss issues regarding to their experiences, disorders and n\for us not to feel alone.
    I, myself am training to be a counsellor for children and youth, and part of my training includes learing about anxiety and panic disorders, as well as what professionalism is...and I have PD myself. I also have my diploma as an Early Childhood Educator. Anyways, if you came no here offering advice, for free, or sharing information with others...which I have begun to do since I am currently learning about panic and anxiety disrders in my abnormal psychology class....then that would be fine. But it is very insensitive for you to come on here to put in a shameless plug for your practice. I find it offensive, and it is NOT very professional of you to do this. As a professional in this field, I would think that you would have known that before you came on here simply to advertise your services.
    I would have thought with your training and education that you would know this....or maybe you did, but thought that you might get some business out of this. But as you have seen from the replies, other people were offended as well....and so am I not just as a person who has to live with PD, but as a person who is going into a similar field as you are in.

I would also like to add, that AD and PD have a biological basis for it, and as a professional in this field you should know that, and that is why medication is used....it is not just something that can be "cured"....but there are certainly ways of coping and dealing with the disorder....and ways of reducing the number and intensity of the atacks.
    I am also curious to your credentials and what your therapy is called. Just curious, because as a child and youth counsellor I will be working along side with therapists of many different kinds and with idffernet approaches.
    I am also curious to know if you wouldn't mind giving advice on here to others, or do you only give advice to those who pay you?
    Sorry to sound skeptical, but I am.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information