Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Maybe I can help you

Trev,
    Thank you for your comments. I understand that my statement may have been a tad harsh. As i do not know every member of the community it was incorrect to make a sweeping generalisation regarding people reasons for visiting here.

If you are able to dream it, then you are able to become it

*The point I was making had nothing to do with returning 'cured' visitors. The point was that being on here is great for support, but not for treatment.*

I totally object to this appalling sweeping, derogative and belittling statement referring to this site which has the best success rate of free progress and recovery on the internet.

Treatment comes in many forms and for many people the education, explanations and information available here has been enough treatment for them to progress themselves.

For others the company and interaction and sharing of tips and opinions has been their treatment and for others the links we provide and referral to other sources such as No Panic and NICE guidelines and official CBT therapist register has been key for their recovery.

I am extremely annoyed and unimpressed by your condescending attitude to Nicola and this website.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

And the saga continues.
    Meg,
    Though my point could have been worded a little better, the point, i believe, is valid, and people are now just looking at every detail to criticise.
    This website is not, i believe, run by professional therapists with the intention of offering professional therapy.
    This was my only point, nothing more nothing less. I do not dispute that people recommend types of therapy or point other visitors in the right (or sometimes wrong) direction.
    *I totally object to this appalling sweeping, derogative and belittling statement referring to this site which has the best success rate of free progress and recovery on the internet.*
    You say it here yourself, free progress and free recovery, but no mention of free treatment, which was my point. It wasnt meant to upset nor to provoke in any way, but it was stated on fact that the website DOES NOT offer 'free treatment by professionals' as its main purpose. It may offer treatment in various guises, but not treatment by professionals. This was my one and only point.

I do not believe I was condescending to either nicola or the site. From what i have seen (apart from the endless arguement about the same subject), the site does a very good job and serves a valuable purpose to its members in its own right.

I have run out of apologies and am starting to believe that people may just want to argue for arguements sake.
    This will be no doubt proven when someone decides to pick a statement out of this reply and complain about it.
    The web site is great, treatment can be helpful if given correctly, everyone is different, support is vital.

If you are able to dream it, then you are able to become it

Simon offers a service, I was suspicious yet have agreed to try out his therapy which he has offered for free. It really doesnt matter who thinks what "everyone is entitled to there own opinion".

We need to move forward on this now , theres no point in looking back we need to all look to the future. I am hoping that one day this horrible disorder will be more understood and treated.

My friends husband commited suicide at the weekend and it has made realise how precious life is.

mirryx

Personally I would like this banter to end and leave Mirry with Simon to work through things.

We are getting nowhere slating Simon. Let Mirry work with him and report back.

I would like no more posts having a go please.

Thanks

Nicola

I was just wondering how things went with you guys after all? Hope you made progress.

Cheers,
    Trev

WOW

That was interesting reading. Dont think ill comment

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information