Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I can help you

BlondeAngel,
    Yes I did come here offering my services, not out of greed but out of the fact that I can help people who are suffering from various disorders.
    I agree that it has offended some people and for this I apologise, though again I re-iterate that the main reason I came here was to help.
    I have never once stated that I can 'CURE' anyone, and have aired caution against people using this term. I have only used this term in quotation, unless stating that I do not offer a cure.
    Whatever we do in life will upset some and be beneficial to others, and my inbox suggests that more people are willing to seek information than be offended by my post. I have also offered to 'treat' a member free of charge (see below - post to mirry).
    The idea behind my post was simplistic in that I would directly target the typical person that I treat to offer my services to them. This is what brought me here. I am sorry that you and some others have found it offensive, but there is no shame in being direct, especially when you are doing so in an attempt to help others deal with what can be a most distressing problem.
    My background and qualifications are in psychology and neuro linguistic programming, and my 'therapy is based upon this, as well as various 'scientifically sound' relaxation methods and techniques.
    I agree that AD and PD are in part biological. One biochemical explanation for panic is that there is an over-activity in what's called the locus ceruleus. The locus ceruleus is the part of the brain that triggers a response to danger if you do not know. People who get panic attacks can be thought of as unwittingly sending alarms to this part of the brain. This causes the part of the brain to become 'trigger happy', thus causing panic. When the locus ceruleus triggers the panic response opens the part of the brain that holds our earliest memories, feelings and sensations. Among other things stored here, are all of our primal memories of powerlessness and helplessness that we experienced during infancy and early childhood. These memories come to the fore, creating panic and/or anxiety. I do take time to simplify the process and explain it to clients, as they need to understand why what happens happens.
    Medication in this sense is effective, as it changes the signals in the brain. However most people, including Doctors, agree that it is possibly more important to address the roots psychologically, and progress from there.

Once again I apologise to those offended, and if someone does want to take up my offer of free treatment to verify my statements, please do feel free to contact me.
    Please understand though that i can not offer this service to the masses, due to time restraints.

If you are able to dream it, then you are able to become it

Simon

Just caught up with this post and wow has it provoked some response.

I know that you came here in good faith to help people but some of the members are very nervous of people claiming to "cure".

I was wondering if it would help if maybe we had a telephone conversation about things or some emails to try and resolve this conflict and I can see what you can offer etc.

Just a thought anyway.

Nicola

Hello everyone, what an interesting site this is and so many of us in this situation. Thanks to the Daily Mail. I came on here quite despondent, I would dearly love to feel 'normal' again. Each day starts off quite well then a 'situation' I find myself in knocks me back. Not quite to square one - over the years my panic attacks/claustrophobia/agrophobia have come and not quite gone in varying degrees. I have coped because I have had no choice - I've cared for my dying husband whilst working full time too, my husband has now passed on and the pressure is off. I don't have to sit in the traffic jams visiting him in hospital every night (that's where I would almost abandon my car and leave it in the middle of the road). I don't have to go into the supermarket anymore with the fear that I may have to run out and abandon my trolley load of grocery's. The visits to the hospital where I had to climb all the stairs because I daren't use the lifts. The meetings at work which I have to send my apologies because I can't bear the thought of travelling on a train - imagine been closed into one of those. Can't even bear the thought of travelling in a car with anyone - unless I check the locks and know I can jump out if need be - no matter whether the car is moving. I've been invited to the cinema at the weekend and I have accepted - but will I go, I am already feeling anxious and panic stricken at the thought. Sorry for going on here - thank you for giving me hope Simon. I'm pleased to learn that once I have sorted out my 'locus ceruleus' then I could be free of all my anxieties and quite wealthy into the bargain.
    If only it was so easy. Good luck to everyone on here, good to be able to share with so many in the same situation.

crumbs Simon,bet you thought you had walked into the lion's den !It is a knee jerk reaction coming from people who have paid out sooo much money to be helped and found charlatans at every turn.I think you have good intentions and the offer of a freebie will be respected by all [i hope]To be honest i have had such a negative experience with therapists that it has now become another fear!!!so do forgive sceptics,we are all truly bruised.Mary-rose

HI again!
    If the offer still stands I would be happy to try your programe for FREE .....If you are you willing ???

mirryx

SIMON THANKS FOR COMING ON HERE TO HELP. NICOLAS RIGHT TO OFFER HAVING A FONE CONVERSATION, AS MANY OF US HAVE ALREADY PAID FORTUNES FOR HELP THAT DID NOT WORK.

I HOPE YOU TAKE MIRRY UP ON HER OFFER, AND IF IT HELPS HER I FOR ONE WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY THE MONEY.

LET US NO HOW YOU 2 GET ON AND I HOPE SOME GOOD COMES OF THIS

JACKIE

Well I do seem to have provoked more thought which is a good thing.
    I understand alot of people are sceptical due to past experiences, this is a hard thing to change in its own right.
    Sueblue, I am not claiming it is that easy. I was merely trying to prove my knowledge of biological matters to Blondeangel in response to his/her response. I could have gone alot more indepth but now is not the time or place. I do not mean because I would normally charge for this, I mean because the explanation is too long ofr the forum. If anyone wants a fax sheet explaining the biological processes then please email me.
    It is by no means easy, and i dont think i have claimed that it is. But unless you start to get help, and help yourself, then it will never get easier, which ever path of help you choose.
    Mirry please do feel free to contact me, initially via email and we will work out a course, free of charge.
    Nicola, I am more than willing to speak to you regarding anything.

I am really looking forward to this,
    I have sent you an email and am now awaiting your instructions.

I will let everyone know how it goes

mirryx

Mirry,
    I do not appear to have received your email, can you please resend?

Simon

hey simonespg?
    So why is it you think you can heal what our doctors have been tryin to for years?? we all help each other, and support each other which is all we need!!! if your method was sooo good why hasnt our doctors or phycologists mentioned it- or are you claiming your the only person ever to have done this??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information