Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

Unhappy 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

Hello Everyone,

Have been very anxious recently at the thought of a friend who has been very ill recently.

Since then I have been experiencing achy arms and legs although not as much now. further to this I have been having a tension type headache, a tightness around my head that effects both the sides, forehead and back of the head. I would say the pain is not servere as I am still going to work and everyday tasks are still do-able. My neck muscles feel tense and sore as well as my throat which is dry and hard to swallow.. I did experience some ear popping and jaw pain although that has started to fade.
    Ive just worked myself up and this headache has just gone on for to long...:(
    I have been to the doctors on many occasions to find them saying that is is stress and anxiety and to an extent I do believe them. I had my GP do an examination where he checked my eyes and ears and movement which he beleived to be fine, further to this I have had a blood test which all came back fine.

I really want this gone and any help, recommendations or similar sitations would be some what of a relief.

Any replies would be greatly welcomed.

Adam

Hi Adam22

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

I went through the same for a very long time. Actually convinced myself it was something much worse. The worst about the tension is the more that you are aware of it, the more you stress, the worst it gets. After suffering with it for a long time, I finally went for massage therapy, and a course of muscle relaxents. Therapist gave me some great stretching and strengthening exercises. The combination of the lot did wonders, and now when I feel it start to tense up, I make sure I do the stretches faithfully 3 times a day, and it gets better.

Hope this helps,
    Marla

Thankyou for getting back to me so quickly...

I do have other symptoms to .. the headache being the worst of them ... I have felt a bit sick at times and go a little lightheaded. Stomach aches which can also cause me a little trouble. Sometimes I feel hot but I dont think its feveress as it dissapears

I try so hard to tell myself .. its all anxiety but I find myself reading and reading on websites .. and then I think I have everything (symptoms) e.g. menegitis so immediatly I am looking for rashes and stuff. I really dont help myself but coming on here sort of reassures me that others experience theses things daily and more intensely.

It just makes me nervous and because of that it really is effecting my day to day activities. I just keep on pestering my doctors .. looking for answers that just dont exsist.

Adam

I manage to get to sleep fine .. i do wake up early though which is beginning to get anoying.. doc has given me diazepan but im not sure if i should take them

Does anyone thing is genuine anxiety ?

Adam

Smile Re: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

????????? anyone else experience a headache for this sort of duration .. other symptoms... any experiences or recommendations would be greatly appreciated .
    are sore throats aslo a common symptoms as well as the neck and shoulder pain
    Adam
    Last edited by Adam22; 02-08-10 at 12:15.

does this sound like anxiety related ??

Hi Adam,

Diazapam would help you to relax and relieve the tension, try them see how you go

I suffer from chronic headaches as well as depression, it would be worth mentioning to your doc that you may be suffering too. The sickness and hot flushes, stress and anxiety can make them worse, took me 3 years to get them under control.

Hope this helps a bit

Thanks for the reply.. Went to opticians for eye test and said my eyes were fine .. I still feel like s*** .. Can anxiety really still be causing these headaches .. It's been 2 weeks day and night !! Ahhhhh solutions ??????please !

I used to have headaches for a whole month day in and day out and yes anxiety can make them worse. I felt sick all the time and dizzy and certain smells would set me off. Was horrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information