Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

Smile Re: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

I'm sorry to hear u had them for that long .. It's so frustrating .. Just sore temples and forehead .. neck is stiff ..How did u get rid of it ? Thanks for taking the time to reply to me

Re: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

you should read my post about my brain tumour fears.
    I've been having bad headaches, with dizziness/unsteadyness with hot sweats and with aching neck and aching back and I've had this straight for a month it's horrible and I'm really scared.
    I get all the usual panic feelings aswel along with breathing hard and feeling nauseaus and stuff, ugh x

Thumbs up Re: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 9 Days !!!

Sounds like uve has it tough mate and I am sorry that u suffer still .. Have u seen ur gp .. I can't leave him alone lol.. He check my eyes for pressure and I went to opticians and all cool so I think u just have to chill out and keep going with normal day to day activites as best you can and it will fade .. I've had anxety for only a month or so .. I don't suffer as bad as most of the other great people on here but I think u have to believe the professionals and stay positive

Re: 'Tension Headache' symptoms - 2 weeks !!

Good Morning Everyone !!!

As you can see from the time of this post I have once agian woken early !! ahhh

Still pretty much the same... achy head ... temples and forehead...

new pain is aslo around my chest area ... left ribs ... may have pulled a muscle ..

Anyone esle out there with these issues .. please dont hesitate to share you experiences.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I am sharing your experience with tension headaches right now.
    I am on week 7 of mine (pretty much 24/7) and totally fed up and worried. If you look in the thread 'Symptoms' at the post WANTED: Reassurance please you will see my story.

I am having the exact same symptoms as you, the tight feeling, the pressure, sometimes it feels like my head is about to explode. (plus a really tight chest feeling some of the time)

Anyway I have been to my doctors who says its anxiety and who reassures me that it is definately nothing more serious and just lots of tension, if only we could not worry it would probably ease lift so quickly.

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone
    Amy x

Thankyou so much for your reply and I'm sorry to hear that you have had them for so long .. It's so frustrating .. Just won't shift ... I wake up with it and I go bed with it ... I've been trying to chill .. Some days feel better than others ... I'm just worried because of the duration !!! Have u tryed any meds or therapies ?

Yeah I'm worried about the duration though but I suppose we just have to trust the doctor, plus with our other symptoms as well it does all point to anxiety. It's just hard to filter out thinking it's something much more serious.

I am on Propranolol 80mg slow release. I was originally prescribed this as I was getting palpitations (meds totally cleared this up) and the doctor thought it may help towards my headache. I've been on it two weeks now and it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my headache.

The doctor is putting me in touch with a councellor (got to wait until September though - which seems forever away right now!) so hopefully they will organise me to have some CBT.

Everydays just such a struggle right now, being at work is sooo difficult and I'm losing interest in anything social as I just feel so rubbish.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Amy x

hi there sending (((( hugs)))))) i went through about 6 or 7 months a few years back where i had horrible tension headaches on a daily basis, it was all down to anxiety and stress its normal...its an evil thing is anxiety the more you worry about it/things the worse it gets, its a viscious circle and its awful try not to worry, im goign through a bad patch with it at the moment and its awful just letting you know you are not alone (((hugs))) xxxx

I'm sorry to hear that..

yeh the headache is really getting me down.. obviously i fear the worst..

It just been over a long period and I just want it to shift.. its seems to move from the front to the side and to the back...

stiff neck ..

its really pulling me down.. i just want to go to sleep lol.. ive been taking time off work which is not good

have u experienced this then?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam22 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that..

yeh the headache is really getting me down.. obviously i fear the worst..

It just been over a long period and I just want it to shift.. its seems to move from the front to the side and to the back...

stiff neck ..

its really pulling me down.. i just want to go to sleep lol.. ive been taking time off work which is not good

have u experienced this then?
    Hi yes i had it on the right side of my head and round the back

i also had migraines with this other headache, it went on for about 6 months where i had it every day, it used to come on at the same time every day, it was when my severe anxiety problems started becoming realy bad. The doc prescribed me some tablets i cant remember what they were called now something beginning with N, but they didnt do anything at all. i couldnt sleep with it either,
    xxxxxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information