Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40mg citalopram

40mg citalopram

hi guys

anyone on 40mg citalopram the shrink wants me to go up to this over a period of time - i am currently on 10mg.

my question is how do you feel on 40mg as i am not sure if i should go to this level.

do you always feel happy and excited or what please let me know

cheers everyone

Re: 40mg citalopram

I started of on 20mg of Citalopram and i thought that was to much to start with , but however it was ok and after a few side effects i felt calmer then it was put up to 40mg, with the result that i no longer have panic anymore and i now feel back to my normal self . So it works for me , thats all i can tell you
    Paige xx

hi randomworry and paige
    i am on 20mg since the 9th july this year......i went to see my gp as my panic/anxiety is so bad in the mornings but kind of calms down by the evening....she has said that i should give it another month and if no improvement she will increase my dose....she did not say to what though. i will just go with the flow and see what she thinks is best plus my therapist.
    paige.....so you went from 20mg to 40mg and you were ok xxxxxx how long were you on 20mg if you dont mind me asking xxxx
    kindest best wishes, tracey xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    I started of on 20mg of Citalopram and i thought that was to much to start with , but however it was ok and after a few side effects i felt calmer then it was put up to 40mg, with the result that i no longer have panic anymore and i now feel back to my normal self . So it works for me , thats all i can tell you
    Paige xx
    I love these positive posts

The truth is that as we all have different metabolisms and levels of depression/anxiety, the type of medication and dosage is dependent also.
    Doctors only know what medications are available, they don't necessarily know what will work for you, so just take your time and you will find the right balance. It should be a two way relationship with your doctor or psycologist. light and love to you, Steph

ive taken 10mg citalopram for 3 days and im going to stop now. ive decided i dont wanna be addicted what you guys reckon?

To the above post you gotta stick with it but is as tough as heck. Made me give them up at one point and got worse. Discuss with your GP.

Smile Re: 40mg citalopram

Quote Originally Posted by randomworry View Post
    ive taken 10mg citalopram for 3 days and im going to stop now. ive decided i dont wanna be addicted what you guys reckon?

No my advice is stick with it. I also had same thoughts as you and was fearfull of taking them. Luckily some friends convinced me too stick with it and i,m personally glad i did.
    My first post hear and i have been on Citalopram 20mg for just over 8 weeks now. Had severe anxiety depression. Couldnt sleep, eat, think straight - was in a real state.
    Now i am a lot better and am getting better all the time.
    I have improved my diet - more fruit and veg, stayed away from caffeine etc etc.
    Excercise regualrly 3 times a week
    Taken vitamins, Zinc , Omega 3 fish oils, Vit B Complex etc etc
    Started meditating - which is i have to say for me and this is only my personal experince the most powerfull tool i am using in combating my symptoms.

I have the odd dip like yesterday and today where i am not feeling so positive. So i am thinking about going to 30 mg.
    No side effects for me since i started them.

best
    J

Im currently on 20mg but they seem to be making me worse!! Im seeing my consultant tomorrow...should I up my dose??

Hi, citalopram 40mg.i have been on it for approx 5years if i was not on it i would not able to function,it is the only one that agrees with me,i have had a few others that did not suit.i still get depressed but not as much as i did.it take time,take it easy,all the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information