Thread: Mental Health ha!

Mental Health ha!

I have huge anxiteys at the min I have something dreadfully wrong with my mental health like schizophrenia or bipolar or Ptsd and constantly do tests online etc!Has anyone else suffered from this? I really believe I have a major mental issue wrong with me! :S

Re: Mental Health ha!

Heya Katie,

I study psychology and am learning particularly about mental illnesses and I can guarantee you that the anxiety and dread you feel about developing these other disorders is only anxiety and that you aren't developing the others.

The fact that you are so afraid of developing them indicates that it is only anxiety you are affected by. Generally people with other conditions have no idea they have them or do not relate the feelings they have to the symptoms.

Don't do anymore tests online, they are very unreliable and will only increase your worry.

If you're that afraid of having such a mental health disorder just check in with the local doctor and tell them your fears. They'll be able to do a quick personality assessment and clear things up for you They're trained to pick up on the signs of mental health disorders.

Just keep calm and remember it's only your anxiety that is making you worry about everything else! Silly silly anxiety. It happens to us all here at times You're not alone.

Re: Mental Health ha!

Hi Katie. Sorry you're having a horrible time at the moment. When we have a fear of something, it just sticks in our heads and it's so easy to convince ourselves that there is something wrong when really it's just anxiety. Have you thought about CBT? It's a realy great way of getting your feelings out in the open to a trained person and they can try to solve the problem of why you are feeling that way. If you visit your Doctor to have a chat about it, they can refer you. In the meantime, when your mind starts running riot, try distracting yourself. Read a book, watch a film or listen to soem music. I sometimes play my DS and it takes my mind off it! Why don't you buy a self help book to try. Clare Weekes has some really good books - I bought Self Help for Your Nerves adn it's real;y helpful as she too suffered from anxiety. Hope this helps. Also, even just talking to a friend or family member might help. Take care x

''A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step''

Thread Information