Thread: Citalopram annd..

Citalopram annd..

Hello!
    Ive been on citalopram for about 7 months now and its really helped me through the year and ive been very happy with the results
    The problem is last week my doctor changed my contraceptive pill from dianette to marvelon, and even since ive started taking marvelon, ive been miserable, having panic attacks at night and feel 'on the edge' all the time.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Im thinking on going back to the doctor because i really need to calm down before i go back to uni and keep my job now
    Thanks guys xxx

Re: Citalopram annd..

Some contraceptive Pills can cause side effects of anx and depression .Maybe it would be a good idea to change to a different type .Or have a uterine device like the coil fitted .It seems like the Cit has been doing its job and its very unlikely it,that this is causing these probs .Unless you are feeling stressed or unusually anxious about starting Uni ? In which case its a natural reaction to events and understandable .Once you get there things will settle down .Anticipatory anxiety is perfectly normal .Its never as bad as you think it will be .Hope you feel better soon .luv Sue x

Thread Information