Thread: Side effects sertraline

Post Side effects sertraline

HI There,
    Just staered sertraline last night and feel awful! (shakey, weird, week) but not sure if it is the medication or anxiety or being up in the night with both kids!!
    how long do the side effects last befor they settle down.
    and can any one tell me they are great and worth sticking with???
    Thanks
    XXX

Re: Side effects sertraline

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76920

thats my lil sertraline diary... it gets wayyyy better lol dont worry

Hi smiles

i started sertraline 5 days ago and felt the same, i only took 50mg for 3 days and have reduced to 25mg, am feeling better today still got a weird head and find for the first 2 hours after taking it i am spaced out, i'm gonna check michel88's diary :O)

let me know how you get on x

Hi there,
    Been on 50mg sertraline for six weeks and the first two were hard to get through.
    They made my anxiety worse and I felt very shaky.
    However, I now feel a lot better. I still get anxiety but I am definitely more cheerful.
    I am still quite shaky but I think that's a side effect.

What doctors don't understand is how difficult it is to cope with children whilst getting through the first few weeks. I was given diazepam which helped at night but the doctor I spoke to made me feel that I was neurotic and had very little time for me.

Keep on trucking and persevere because you will get better. Do stick with it!xxx

Hi there....have been on many antidepressants and was on Mirtzapine up until last week which helped as i couldnt sleep aswell as being depressed.last 2 weeks have a hit a bad patch mentally with not being able to go to work due to getting panicky and thinking something terrible was going to happen to me.The doctor prescribed Sertaline and although i didnt properly wean myself off and only left 1-2days between taking the new drug....since thursday i have felt so dreadful...thought i was going to die or had some terrible disease.Side affects have been very bad...no appetite,burning sensations,jumpy legs when trying to sleep,still depressed and feeling very spaced out.Have decided to cut down to 25mg as maybe my body is too sensitive and as most of the posts on here say..you have to stick with it and hope things get betterx

Thanks Michael88, it was really helpful to look through your sertraline diary. I stopped taking sertraline about 2 months ago but started feeling extremely anxious and panicky again so was put back on at 50mg. I am on Day 11 now. It's been hard but I'm sticking with it and looking forward to feeling a bit better. My main problems have been increased anxiety, headaches, feeling sick and loss of appetite :(

Thread Information