Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: totally unrelated

totally unrelated

so sorry to bug you all. i have had left leg pain on and off for years since i had me twins( thanks for that boys)

anyway it has been really bad for the past few days. doc says its not a clot(as i believe it to be) but varocous veins (wrong spelling but you no what i mean). anyway how can he tell this without blood tests, and can these veins be that sore.

i no many of you are too young for varacouc veins but i am only 33 so just thought id ask for your input. obviously not related to anxiety but making me pretty anxious at tge mo. girls i read a few sites about andrew thinking he had this, do you no where they are anyone

thanks
    jackie

Hi jackie

Have you thought of asking for a 2nd opinion from a different doctor?Other than that theres nothing else i can really think of.

Take Care

Alexandra

Hey hunni!!!
    Try not to worry!!! Me mam has varocus veins (cant spell neither!!)- do you know if any of your relatives were prone to them?? Has the bump moved at all? me dad thought he had a clot in his foot so we marked exactly where it was with a permanant marker and checked everyday to see if it had moved- varocous veins dont move, and thats all it was with me dad!!! obviously me not a proffesional (as you very well know jackie!! [:X]) but just an idea!!! Hope your ok- dont worry to much!!!
    Ammegxxx

Hi Jackie,

Sorry you're struggling with this, I can understand. I don't have varicose veins but you can get them at our age. Blood clots would have alot of other symptoms to the ones you mention therefore a gp can tell if it is or isn't. They can also usually tell just be feeling the back of your calves. Blood tests can be a bit misleading. I had a blood test last september as I was so breathless for weeks and it indicated that there was a blood clot in my body somewhere, probably my lungs. I was rushed from work to hospital and spent a day there only to be told they could not find a clot and I was sent home. As I knew I had the high levels of something in my blood it really scared me that they had missed a clot and still does now at times, as the only reason for this high level is clots or infections and I didn't have an infection. I found it so hard to accept that this could just be a random blip in my blood and not mean anything terrible. In fact it was this that set off my current health anxiety. I later found out that the gp that ordered the blood test (not my own) should not have done as it wasn't appropriate and she should have just gone on my symptoms.
    Anyway the moral to the story I think is try and trust your gp and accept it unless the symptoms really change.

Lisa x

thanks you two. hope this current fear ends. really feeling vulnerable about it today so i guess that is why.

cheers again, your right ammeg im sure i should just get on with things and i really am, just back from hairdrssers with my wee twins, but its always there in the background of my day.

jackie

Hey Jackie,

I was 26 when i had my varicose veins removed! So any age can have them, mine were worsened by having 2 children,and they caused me considerable leg pain.

I don't know if this helps?!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

really tracy does it be this sore. do you think if it was a clot the pain would be worse. sorry, gettin all hypocondriac again. anyway it is slightly swollen which my doc seen and he said that was to be expected.

he never mentioned getting them removed is that possible and should i ask about this.
    jackie

Hey,

Yes it can be very sore, and yes, mine would swell up a lot too, especially if i walked or stood for too long. Support tights help.
    They will remove them if they are causing you lots of pain, rather than cosmetic reasons ( although that was my main problem). My veins would get so swollen that i could NEVER wear shorts/skirts etc..

Go and ask your GP for advice, but the operation wasn't major and I was only in 1 night, and then home!

Nurofen are quite good for achy legs, that and support tights! Not attractive but useful!!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

cheers tracy i really mean that

jackie

Hi Jackie,

last year i had a swallon calf (behind my knee) and the doc said it couldnt be a thrombosis because it would be red in colour and very hot to feel and that i had prob torn a muscle.
    I still have a slightly swallon leg and somedays i get aches but im not worried. Also a thrombosis will get much much bigger in 24 hours my doctor told me, so i expect your fine if it doesnt sound like you.

mirryx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information