Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exausted all the time

Actually, when I need to cry, but can't (does that make sense - its inside wanting to come out, but you just can't let go?), I read that poem.

Even though I nearly know it off my heart, it still does it for me!

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Hi,

That was a lovley poem - I have had a bad weekend and coudl not go to work on Monday because I felt so ill - tired and hot and having panic attacks all day - cam back today and dont feel as bad but went to the doctors to ask if I coudl be Anemic because I am prone to that he sent me to have a blood test and will get the results in 7 days - so scared that I they might find something bad - I am making my husbands life a misery with all the worry and panic attacks I am having.

I am typing this and is helps to realize that I am not the only person sho suffers from this - Everyone I speak to seems to think that I am crazy and just need to as they say "keep my chin up" God I hate that word.

Got to go know talk to you later karen

Karen,

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time. Keep your chin up or pull yourself together is not useful advice (i know)

Has the doctor gave you any medication or referred to to a counsellor for your panic/anxiety/depression?

Let us know how your doing

Lucky

I have been given Fluxotine (think that's the name it's a form of prozac) I was on that after I had my son but I suffer form Epilepsy but had not had a fit for 20 years when I was 12years old - and while on Fluxotine I had a fit - they still dont know wether it was brought on by taking Fluxotine - so obviously I am concerned about taking them again - I know I need to take something and they made me much better last time except for the fit. I am trying everything else - have taken Kalms in the past but they just make me sleep - I am attening CBT but does not help and have started going back to the gym but it takes so much effort - they do yoga their so thought I might give that a go - but dont feel like it at the moment. Im just so fed up of feeling like this a want to feel happy and have a laugh once in a while instead of all this gloom and doom existance.

thanks karne

Hi Karen

I'm afraid without sounding too harsh, the road to recovery is uphill most of the way!

There are no "quick fix" solutions. Life is hard, and a constant battle.

HOWEVER, once you've started up the path, things really do start to get easier.

CBT is like the gym and yoga - they take a lot of effort, progress is slow, but you definitely feel better for it in the end!

Keep persevering. I have been taking fluoxetine (and yes you are right, it is Prozac) for the last month. I am gradually starting to feel a little better. Less emotional, calmer, more rational etc.

However, medication like the CBT and getting fit also takes time and patience before the effect is felt!

DO NOT imagine that because you had a fit once when you were on prozac, it will happen again. Your doctor will have taken that into consideration before prescribing. I can understand that you are concerned, particularly after having gone so long without a fit. However, if you imagine something will happen, then most usually it does!

Try and think rationally - if we didn't do all the things that had at one point or another caused us a problem, we would have a very little list of things left to do.

For example, I once got food poisioning from eating chicken legs at a party. However, this doesn't mean that every chicken leg I ever eat again will give me food poisioning again!

Try the tablets with an open mind, and keep going for CBT. Hopefully you will soon see "the light" at the end of the tunnel.

Charlie

Hi Karen.

Are you on any supplements ?

Are you eating a low sugar diet - little and often and keeping off caffiene ?

You probably need the yoga most just about now.

These can all help significantly. Often progress is in several guises and creeps up on you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

No I am not taking any supplements - dont know what to take!!

I do feel better after I go to the gym but I have to make my self go - and that's so hard.

I am trying to eat healthy - I don't drink Coffee or Tea and have never smoked.

Over the past couple of days I have notived that I have like a nervous stomach - feel the need to go to the ladies all the time. Is this down to anxiety.

I am so fed up of feeling so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

The need to wee is definetly a sign of stress/anxiety as is the stomach. There are some great posts on how to settle you tummy( perhaps type in irritable bowel as i know charlie done a great post or stoamch and it should give you something here)

I know al these symptoms can drag you down but hopefully you will start to see an impovement soon with all your changes diet etc!

Love
    lucky

Hi Chicken

Good supplements are Vitamin B Complex and Omega 3 Fish Oils. These help the CNS and stress levels.

I try and eat a low GI diet - go onto Amazon - they are doing a really good offer at the minute, which includes the GI Cook Book and Living the GI Diet on a double purchase offer.

Both books are really good.

I suffer from IBS, which is much worse when I am anxious. The best way to control it is to relax, and deal with the anxiety - easier said than done alot of the time.

I have posted about this previously, but the following tips may help

Drink plenty of water
    Eat little and often
    Keep a diary - see if you have any "trigger" foods (i'm not good with onions and peppers for example)
    Eat plenty of fibre, basically swop anything white for brown
    Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
    Eat plenty of fish and chicken
    Red meat and pulses/beans can aggravate, so eat cautiously
    Peppermint oil capsules and colpermin are both available over the counter at any chemist
    Charcoal tablets can help with dyspepsia, bloating, indigestion, nausea and diarohhea (available from any health shop, but beware, they have the potential to turn your pooh black - so don't panic, you've not suddenly developed bowel cancer)
    Exercise can help too
    If you feel nauseaous, you can buy Motilium from the chemist, or try a proprietary antacid (particulary if you have a burning in your gullet)
    I have a really good leaflet if you are still struggling - e-mail me your address and I'll forward it, or if you are not comfortable with this, mail your address to Nic, and I will send it to her to forward

Charlie

p.s

As I recently discovered, once your body has taken all the vitamin B's it needs from the supplements, it expels the excess out in your urine.

If you do start to take Vit B Complex, do not worry if you end up with fluorescent wee.

This is NORMAL. Do NOT panic!

Charlie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information