Thread: Our Minds are Amazing

Our Minds are Amazing

I lay in bed last night trying to relax and wind my mind down as I usually do. I try to bring positive thoughts in and do my best to block intrusive thoughts but i,m sure we all know how hard that is.

Then it suddenly came to me that each of us from a physical point of view are a skeletal system, muscles, organs, nerves, cells etc.. and then there's the wonderful computer in our heads ( the brain) which directs everything.

Then, theres the mind.. whatever or wherever it is.I just happen to think its a seperate entity to our brain. Its this part of us which causes so much emotional and mental anguish with anxiety..

I am thinking..if we can get so upset and afraid of these mind thoughts isnt it logical that we should be able to control those thoughts in a positive way??..Easier said than done I know,,

Re: Our Minds are Amazing

Being able to think the way we can is bittersweet! I look at my cats and they're so carefree never worrying, never having panic attacks, never struggling with anxiety! They don't worry about heart attacks or life threating diseases cuz they don't know they even exist. I'd rather be human and fight anxiety though because of all the wonderful things in life.

The fact we CAN over think things/over analyze situations, make little scenarios in our heads etc is one of the reasons anxiety is such a struggle. You can learn to control your thoughts of anxiety it's one of the ways to recover, but sadly you're right it's definatley easier said than done! ;(

god zee downs like youve seen the light

I thought about such things before and you know, this is similar to this: 'How can I see the image that pictured into my own eye, of course I mean with that eye?'

Thread Information