Thread: Terrified about an upcoming trip!!

Unhappy Terrified about an upcoming trip!!

Hi everyone, needing a bit of advice.

I have been agoraphobic for 4 years now. The first two years were the worst i never left my bedroom & if i did i wouldn't go anywhere far. Over the last two years i've had to force myself as me & my partner had a baby and i refused to keep him cooped up like me. Lucky for me there's a park just outside my house so things like that are easy to do. But i have a trip coming up where i'm going to stay with family for 3 nights with my partner & son 80 miles away from home! I'm absolutely petrified but i know if i don't do it i'll never move forward! Any tip's & advice anyone could give would be great

Thanks Guys xxx

Re: Terrified about an upcoming trip!!

There are a few of us that are about to move house and suffer with agoraphobia. Theres some great advice in thise thread about it.
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78511

Hi juiceyloop, I too am agraphobic, i am going on holiday next Monday and frightened to death. I'm only doing it for my son as he is 10 now and missed out on doing do much with him. He was so sad that all his friends where going on holiday and he wasn't, which made ms feel really guilty, we are just going for 4 nights 5 days to Blackpool which is 40 miles away. I have to do this and going to use all my safety things to get me through it, taking my iPod, my phone so I have Internet and can still post here, my rescue remedy and the mist important the people I love my family. We usually find that the actual event is never as bad as we anticipate, it's not going to be easy but let's but this anxiety in it's place. Keep talking postive to yourself, and say I'm doing this because I want to get better.
    Good luck and have a fantastic time
    Ann

Thanks for your replys guys, I'm the same Ann, i have my phone ready & portable DVD player to try and keep me blinded to any panic i'm going to feel. The family i'm going to stay with know about my condition but i don't think they understand it to be honest and i'm scared of freaking out infront of them because of the embarrassment i'll feel. I've tried rescue remedy in the past but never found it helpful. As its getting closer i'm winding myself up into knots with worry!

Hi juiceyloop when do you go. How far do you normally go away from home. I'm getting so stressed out as it gets closer too, I am really dreading the drive there as I am driving, but at least driving I will be concentrating on the road, really hope the motorway isn't busy. I can't believe I'm so scared, but I'm going to do it. My real home will be with me which is my family.
    Take care
    Ann

first tip: definitely do it

2nd : tip if you feel panicy or anything just let them know explain to them how you get in some situations or ask your husband to let them know if you feel uncomfortable .

3rdly: the panic will get super immense buuttt if you bare with it it will start to not effect you as much and youll be like ah its not that bad after all

*big hugs*

Thanks for the replys, my partner gets a bit fed up of me i think lol he gets to the point where he's like "just come on your fine" an whilst i know he's right it makes me angry and even worse cause i feel like he dosent care (which i know he does he's just been with me so long he knows what i'm like).

Arghh only 4 days to go and i'm full of butterflys lol. Hopefully i'll have the internet where i'm going so i'll keep you all posted on how i'm progressing & if i've bottled it lol (which i know i won't but just incase).

Thank you guys you've been a great help xx

Thread Information