Thread: Severe fear about loosing my daughter

Severe fear about loosing my daughter

I was taken away from my mom at an early age cause she chose to stay with someone who sexually abused me. Since now having my own daughter (who now is 2) I get so freaked out that Im a bad mom and someones going to take her away from me. Everyone around me tells me how amazing of a mom I am but I am so scared. I can't stand to see people pull up to my house cause I think there coming to get her. I also afraid of taking city bus by myself cause Im afraid someones gonna call someone on me and they will be waiting for me on the other end.

Re: Severe fear about loosing my daughter

( I'm just guessing here) sounds like OCD, your having obsessive thoughts about your daughter been taken away.
    I would suggest seeing your doctor, he will probably suggest you get some CBT cognitive behavioural therapy, maybe try you on antidepressant.

hmm you may have a bit of paranoia too but that's pretty normal when your anxious.
    I get scary thoughts and imagine scary situations in my head and freak my self out where as in reality it probably would never happen.

definitely see your doctor and if he is not helpful, then see another doctor until you get the right help.

Re: Severe fear about loosing my daughter

Hi hun, personally it sound's like your childhood trauma has rubbed off on you quite hard and therefore causing you difficulty in your adult life. I worried about people taking my son off me for a while because i'm agoraphobic & can't do things with my son other mums do. But at the end of the day i'm an amazing mum, no one would ever love or look after him like me & he never goes without or misses out on things because i won't allow my problems to affect him.

If you are a good mum you have NOTHING to worry about hun. No ones going to take your littlen away from you. She's with her mummy where she belongs. If anyone tried to take my two year old son off me they'd have to kill me first!

Maybe go to your doctors & seek some councilling to help you figure out what to do next. Hope this helps. X

Thread Information