Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will CBT help me?

Re: Will CBT help me?

I kept meaning to let everyone know what was happening and then I'd forget.
    Well I did my initial assessment for CBT way back in July/August and about 4 weeks later a telephone assessment. During that time though I'd made a massive improvement and was told I didn't need CBT. I've been slowly slipping back to how I was at the beginning over the last 5/6 weeks and finally broke down in the doctors office yesterday. So she told me I could self-refer myself for CBT again and I should get seen this time. I left a message with the lady today and so hopefully the ball has started rolling now and I can start looking forward to a future where I can manage.
    I'll try and keep you posted on how things are going but I'm dreadful at remembering lol

Don't feel badly about forgetting to update us... I often disappear as life gets so busy, but always appreciate the updates that are here
    I hope you are well into your cbt now and starting to see some results from your efforts. I don't know where I would be without it and still dutifully spend 5-10 minutes a day countering my thoughts in my TEA forms.

Completely got caught up with everything and forgot to update again!
    So I self-referred again and was told they couldn't help. Ended up in hopsital and was seen by Crisis, who weren't helpful in the slightest. Saw someone else at another local mental health team who told me they couldn't help either! Doctor suggested Citalopram which I turned down as I have a massive fear of getting addicted.
    On the plus side I haven't had a panic attack in 5 weeks, which was only slight anyway and I dealt with it. The last big one was probably in October/November.
    So I would advise people not to give up hope if they don't get any help as you can do it yourself!

Good to hear from you and glad you have not had any attacks in sometime. In my experience hospitals just want to give you meds and get rid of you. Not great places for people with anxiety and panic imo. Have you given the TEA forms a try? You do have to be disciplined and do them daily but the benefits have certainly been worth it for me. Always good to hear updates

Cece no I haven't tried TEA forms. I have heard about them before but never looked into them, I think I shall have to give them a go

Shinderuko cbt and the TEA forms have helped me come a long way in the four months I have been doing them. I worked with a psychotherapist for years and spent a lot of money and didn't gain nearly what I have gotten already spending next to no money at all (just bought the cbt book by sam obitz for about $17.00) and just doing the exercfises on my own.
    I can't speak for their longer term effects but I am thrilled with how I am feeling so far

shinderuko let me know if you have any questions if you decide to give them a try

Davew the effects have been long lasting for me but I have made the TEA forms partr of my ritual and spend a few minutes on them everyday

Thx Cece. You advice is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    Thx Cece. You advice is appreciated
    Anytime. Let me know if you have any other questions

I will and please share any advice that comes to mind even if I don't ask for it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information