Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Will CBT help me?

Re: Will CBT help me?

Quote Originally Posted by cece View Post
    That's great! Have a Merry Christmas!

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

I agree. I think we know most things but do not give them the proper importance until someone else confers its significance.
    This is definitely true in my case....

You're in good company Davew

Thx Cece, I hope you are doing well!

Doing swell, thx for asking. How are things with you?

Honestly I feel so good now it sometimes scares me because it seems like I am fooling myself and everything is going to come crashing down on me again. Has anyone else felt this way once they started feeling better. I hope it is just that a scary thought and not a valid fear!

If you have waited so long for it why not try it? As with many therapies you have to suck it and see to test it out for yourself as everyone reacts differently.

Personally I've found CBT on its own not helpful to me as its very narrowly focused, structured based psychotherapy works best for me.

As always its important that there is a level of empathy between you and whoever you work with.

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    Honestly I feel so good now it sometimes scares me because it seems like I am fooling myself and everything is going to come crashing down on me again. Has anyone else felt this way once they started feeling better. I hope it is just that a scary thought and not a valid fear!
    I think everyone goes through this Davew, I know I did but I am very comfortable in telling you that if you keep doing your TEA forms etc you are likely to continue feeling even better. At least that has been my experience and it's been long enough that I can finally let go of all those thoughts that it is just coincidental that I am feeling better now.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret99 View Post
    If you have waited so long for it why not try it? As with many therapies you have to suck it and see to test it out for yourself as everyone reacts differently.
    Well put. The one thing guaranteed not to help you is not trying something, whatever it is. Complacency never solves any problem.

Thanks Cece that is reassuring to hear.
    I like your reply to Margaret about not trying anything new is guaranteed to fail.

Don't remember where I heard that quote about not doing anything is guaranteed to fail or who said it? But it is one of my favorite sayings

That's an awesome quote. I love it and thanks for sharing it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information