Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For anyone pregnant and suffering anxiety

Re: For anyone pregnant and suffering anxiety

Genie,
    You made me cry. In a really good way. Thank you :hug: It's such an huge relief to know that I'm not the only one who feels similarly. And you have a much more coherent grip on the whys of the anxiety. What you said made lots of sense, about the fear being the trap, not the baby.
    Oh, and you're braver than I am- I didn't even look at the first scan! Eugh. I have another next week which is at least a week late because I refuse to go without my boyfriend.
    I've started CBT too, because I don't want to teach the young'un to be this nutty and I want to be able to deal with bad days. Courtesy of being a bit of a mess yesterday, they're 'fast-tracking' me for more intensive sessions, which works for me as it seemed to be going painfully slowly.
    And yes, I have various friends to whom I can let off steam, thankfully. And the boyfriend is very patient, understands that I would much rather not feel this way. So I'm lucky, I know that but when you feel as though 'everyone else' enjoys this and you're somehow defective for not doing so, it can add to the pressure. We're in this together though, eh?

Glad it helped a bit! I think feeling alone in this is the worst and, you're right, we are in it together. Also good to hear I'm not the only one doing the CBT - like you, I want to try and put myself in as best a place as possible so my child doesn't end up as anxious as me.

I do hope this scan goes better - let me know. At 20 weeks, your baby should look much more like a baby (!) which I think helps. This week, I went for a private scan to find out the gender of my baby and it helped enormously. It allows me to think about our life afterwards much more easily, and stop thinking so much about being pregnant. For the first time, I feel the anxiety as something off and on, rather than permanent, and just getting a break from it is wonderful. I know people feel different about finding out, but it's something to think about...

Hang on it there - you're doing a good job, and you're already half way there, and it is going to get easier

Ooooh Genie, are you gonna tell us what you're having? I'd love to know We havnt found out but was sooo tempted. Well only 5 weeks til we find out....aaaaghhh!!!

WFB, can totally relate to the anxiety when I first felt the kicks, such a strange feeling knowing a baby is moving about in there. The CBT will help, I'm attending counselling and find it gr8 and be gentle with yourself...it will get easier . It's also gr8 to have this forum to talk about our fears. It's only in the last few weeks that I'm actually enjoying being pregnant. Though still quite anxious about the impending birth

How have you got on being back at work Genie? I got on ok tho was shattered by the time I got home so only logging on now. It is a good distraction for me tho as I don't have time to think about the anxiety with 29 seven year olds to keep occupied!!!

hi girlies i thought i would reply and send (((((( ))))))) im not pregnant but as you will prob see from my other reply on here im suffering with severe HA after having my son 3 months ago. Congratulations on your forthcoming little bundles of joy xxx

As a Father to be who suffers from Health Anxiety am I allowed to post in here?
    I thought I had this thing beaten until recently when my wife and I had our 12 weeks scan which meant we had to go for extra tests (Downs Syndrome etc ) The test came back ok but I was subjected to a week of worrying and now with another scan which monitors babys heart ive started getting anxious again. I want to enjoy my wifes pregnancy and realise that as a bloke I get off very lightly so I am not burdening her with my anxiety, in fact as far as she knows i'm now anxiety free

Hello,

I have a question, does any of you take meds? I am 5 or 6 weeks pregnant, not sure...and I use to have panic attacks, now I was taking cipralex, but I stop cold turkey when I thought I was pregnant. Now I am not feeling ok, besides the pregnancy symptoms, nausea, dizziness, cramps, headache, moody, etc etc I´m with a lot of anxiety, today I had a huge panic attack, and lately I am afraid of going out of the house, I just walk near the house. I think the panic is getting worse now that I am pregnant. I dont know what to do, I read is not good if I take meds but is also not good to have panic during pregnancy. Just want to ask about your experience, if you are taking any med and if not how do you cope. 9 months is a long time, before I never go out without a xanax in my bag, it made me feel safe, but now I am so scared, because even if I have the xanax with me I cannot take it. I am in the university and this week I could not go to class, cause I am so scared, last week I went pale and my eyes red, its scary.

good luck to you all

Hi Ninura and Blackberry -

Blackberry - of course you are welcome! I know lots of the women posting here have anxiety about scans (not me, because I am obsessed by my own health, which I know sounds terrible). Why dont you start a new forum post on scans and I'm sure you'll get some replies.

Ninura - I'm 18 weeks pregnant and been struggling since about week 6, so I've been where you are. Hang in there. I am not on meds, but my doctor did say she would give them to me if things got really bad. They say it is best to wait until after 12 weeks if you can, but if it is really difficult it is better to take the meds than put yourself through stress. Perhaps your doctor can also offer you some counselling or other therapy. I have found the first trimester much harder than I expected (still having panic attacks, last major one just two days ago), so the more support you can get, the better. Everyone on here has been great, so if you are not doing well, post a message and someone will help you.

Hey, I also suffer with really bad anxiety.
    Ive had it for about 3 years now, since i was 16/17 and i am now 19 weeks pregnant. I am very happy about my pregnancy and so is my partner Things arent so bad for us, we have our own flat and he works full time so we are okay for money etc.

The thing that is really bringing me down eveyday is my anxiety which has worsened since I fell pregnant.
    I suffer with awful thoughts about me harming someone i am closest too (eg. someone in my family), i get these every day and no matter how hard i try i cannot make them go away. They make me really depressed when i get them, and i feel so ashamed and guilty for thinking this way even though i know it is not my fault and i would NEVER hurt anyone.

I am such a caring person so i dont understand why i get these horrible obsessive thoughts plagueing my mind.

I also have the worst ever phobia of sickness and diarrhea, every day i am constantly worried that i will get either or both of these. It stops me doing alot of things, such as going out and seeing people, ordering take aways or eating at restaurants incase i get food poisining or the food is contaminated with a stomach bug, when i know there is a stomach bug going around i will try and avoid going out and avoid getting into contact with people for fear of it being passed on to me.

If i feel a little bit nauseas one day i will go into panic mode because i will be worrying extremely that i am going to be sick or have diarrhea. Sometimes i will even avoid going to the toilet just incase i will have diarrhea.

I also worry about someone i am closest too becoming ill or dying, this also really stresses me out because i dont know what id do if i lost someone i love!!

Im scared these bad feelings and stress will be passed onto baby, which i really hope not cause i want him/her to be as healthy as possible.

Anyway sorry for my long story!!
    x

hi all,
    im new to this sight but have been suffering anxiety and depression on and off for years!
    im currently pregnant with my second child, i was on cipralax with both pregnanies and drs are fine with this, the only thing is since finding out i was pregnant again the depression and anxiety went into over load, i have heath anxiety and worry about any twinge ect and go into my own world of the worst out come!
    i had my gallbladder taken out just before i fell pregnant and this restarted it all really! the fact i suddenly had something wrong with me and needed a operation, then the worry over recovering and dvts etc etc..
    anyway i have just had my meds put up from 10mg to 15mg two weeks ago and have not noticed a difference and wondered if i should hold on or re visit dr? does anyone have experience, even if not it is just helpful saying it out load and knowing im not alone .
    hope i haven't gone on to much, and have made sense!
    Marisa x

hey every1 thank you so much for this thread, i have just found out i am 6weeks pregnant with my first very much wanted baby, im 24! im so worried anxiety will harm the baby or sumthing bad will happen, i havent ate a thing all day im that anxious, i also have a huge phobia of vomiting! please pleassee keep in touch. clare xxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information