Thread: fretting about morning sickness.

fretting about morning sickness.

Hi,
    Im 15 weeks pregnant.....3rd time, but i sailed thru the other 2 as at the time i did not suffer with anxiety and ibs.
    Im getting myself in a right state about morning sickness at the moment...i had morning sickness with the other 2 but roughly went around week 12, now im at week 15 its got worse....im fine 1st thing in the morning, it starts about 10am and stays til i go to bed, and being i dont sleep well anyway, im still being sick 2/3am!!!! Whats getting me worked up is that i dont really even FEEL sick, it just hits me then i have to be sick....is this normal?? I can remember feeling awfully sick with the other 2 not just be sick. Im sorry for ranting and im so so so so pleased with this new forum, as i wouldnt have known where to have put this!!
    If anyone has had any similar experiances it would be great to hear from u that this is all ok. And how did u manage your anxiety thru pregnancy??

Debs x

Re: fretting about morning sickness.

For some people sickness can continue longer than the first few months. of course anxiety and ibs can make those symptoms worse. Do you take any anti nausea meds? if not it may be worth seeing your doctor and having a chat to see if he can prescribe any. good luck hun. x

Hi,
    I'm 11 weeks and suffer from severe anxiety, and know exactly how you are feeling. I've had terrible ms since week 6: throw up in the morning, struggle through the day, but then from 6pm onwards just keep throwing up; once I threw up 5 times between 6pm and midnight! Went to the midwife yesterday, and she said I was dehydrated, which just made me more anxious, especially as I havw other risk factors for blood clots and am supposed to avoid this.

I have tried all the usual suggestions in terms of diet and the only thing that helps is making sure I eat every couple of hours. I have also tried all the medications out there. Only one that is working for me a bit is Motilium. Cyclizine, Metoclopramide and the lond name beginning with 'P' (!) did nothing for me, but they might work for you. At 15 weeks they should be completely safe, so talk to your GP. If you tell them it is making your anxiety worse they should definitely help.

I just go to sleep now early in the evening, to avoid the throwing up. I don't go near the kitchen (makes it worse). I try to get some exercise to take my mind off it, but it's really tough.

Hang in there - most people feel better by week 16, so perhaps you only have one more week to go!

Genie

Hiya,

I have had 3 children now and i have to say i had morning sickness from morning till night until about 6 months with all of them. its horrible but perfectly normal. i found drinking milk and eating biscuits when it first hits helped me. dont forget once baby is norn it will be gone if not before. its just not very nice. but it shows baby is healthy and that your body is working the way it should be so in a weird way having morning sickness whatever time of the day or for how long is actually a very good sign xxx

Thank you for the support and encouragement.......i am seeing my midwife and doc next week so will mention that im still being sick and its spiralling my anxiety.
    Thank you all again
    Debs x

Crackers... lots of crackers thats how I got through mine. I had it -after- the third month ( when it normally calms for most people ) up until she was born.

Certain things would set it off like citrus drinks - one of the worst, and also allowing my stomach to empty - I had to snack the entire time and make sure I didn't ever feel those hunger grumbles cause as soon as they came on so did the heaving and gagging. It was the last fun part about being pregnant for me but at least it stopped the moment she was born!

Hi Debs, just wondering how you are getting on?? x

Hi Jen,
    I good thank u.....almost 31 weeks now!!! The morning sickness eased off roughly about 25/26 weeks. Anxiety wise...ok, still have moments but on a whole im not complaining (at the moment anyway). Hope u r well.
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by debs180 View Post
    Hi Jen,
    I good thank u.....almost 31 weeks now!!! The morning sickness eased off roughly about 25/26 weeks. Anxiety wise...ok, still have moments but on a whole im not complaining (at the moment anyway). Hope u r well.
    xxx

Thats great to hear hun,

im glad your doing well, and 31 weeks, wow not long to go, thats wonderful news. im doing ok thank you. xxx

Thread Information